KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've never seen as much of KL as I'd like to, but I did watch him on Kojak reruns and on that episode of Battle. They did a wonderful profile of him where he talked about his career and family, and you couldn't help but fall in love. He seemed like such a sweet and genuine man who was grateful for all of his success.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hi there

Please register in order to view this content

I've created a folder to upload Knots Landing on my drive..

Feel free to watch and download the episodes.

Ps: I'm looking for the another seasons (season 3 to 14)

OneDrive -> https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgLG8eU8dSkkjzVX2MX96vL-OXWj?e=NJwHex

Edited by gilson120495

• 2 months later...
  • Members

It is the 41st anniversary of the premiere episode.  Isn't odd to think back to a time when TV was watched by so many people at the same time that the number 1 show could be scheduled at 9PM on a Friday, the spinoff would premiere during a holiday week, and the reveal of Who Shot JR didn't even wait for sweeps week? 

I also find the tagline amusing because Knots was supposed to be about average people living in a cul-de-sac, but in reality, a house in Pacific Palisades (which Knots fictionalized) would be around 4 million dollars, whereas the real Southfork Ranch today is estimated at 5 million, so Gary and Val weren't exactly slumming it...

https://twitter.com/TheDustinFitz/status/1343299474374979585?s=20

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Lest we forget, the house was a wedding present from Miss Ellie.

Not to mention that within a few years, Gary had his inheritance from Jock Ewing, Val was a bestselling author, Karen was a businesswoman remarried to a man employed by the state and Laura was involved with a politician. And yet to David Jacobs, KL was about "us" while DALLAS was about "them."

Edited by Franko

• Members

Yes that was an odd date for Knots to debut. 

CBS initial lineup was Waltons/Hawaii Five0/Barnaby Jones which were all ageing shows. So they moved Barnaby to 9 and brought in Knots which immediately did better in that timeslot.

CBS played Dallas on Thurs at 10 and Friday at 10 to get viewers interest in both timeslots. Dallas was 2nd and 3rd. I cant recall but was there a Gary and Val episode of Dallas that lead to Knots?

As for the middle class aspect, as the soap wars heated up in the 80's there was pressure to be more glitzy and Knots was caught up in that. 

Edited by Paul Raven