KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember watching the Reunion film the 2 nights it aired back in 1997, but I don't recall a special. Maybe I have just forgotten.

Wasn't the original plot script going to be about a Sid look a like played by Don Murray showing up to come between Mac & Karen  ? I think I read that somewhere online. 

• Members

I liked Back to the Cul De Sac. It was better than the Dallas reunion movie from the same era. It wasn’t perfect, but they had storylines for everyone. I didn’t much care for the Meg recast, though. And i thought the storyline with Anne was a bit odd. I can’t remember many other specifics. I did a rewatch of the entire series a few years ago but the 1997 reunion wasn’t easily available. I’d like to see it again.

There was no KL special that aired in the US prior to either of the two episodes, though. Maybe the above poster is thinking of the Block Party that aired immediately prior to the two hour final episode in 1993.

• Members

Thanks for the 1997 Reunion pics. Kim Lanford looks a bit like Wendie Malick....LOL I remember several interviews around the time and Donna Mills saying when she walked onto the set of the re-created Ewing living room, she got emotional. 

I don't remember how well it did in the ratings. I assume if it had been a complete success, they would have done more. Maybe 1 a year or every couple of years. 

• Members

It was a bit too soon. If they had waited till the 10 or 15 year mark it may have had more of an impact. Since Dallas had done their reunion film the previous year, they thought they should strike while iron was hot. 

A lot of people still hold out hope for a reboot, but I doubt that will ever happen. It is way past the point where that would even be possible without having an entire new cast of youngsters to play the children/ grandchildren. Kevin Dobson is gone and Ted looks in bad health.