KNOTS LANDING

• Members

Years ago on a morning radio show they were interviewing a guy who specialized in men's hair pieces. The female host was very critical saying that they never look natural. They asked the guest to name an example of a public figure who wore a good not obvious piece and the gentleman replied Kevin Dobson. The female host snarked, "See... I *knew* that."

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He was stepping in to be one of the male leads on a nighttime soap. There was no way they were going to let him appear as he did on Kojak (and he probably even had less hair four years later). Back then, baldness was reserved for villains, or for sniveling little weasels like Richard Avery. Not leading men.

• Members

Regarding the "hair and makeup" times/lengths: I don't think the actors were in the chairs the entire time. Some may have taken 10 or 15 minutes, others perhaps longer. But I'm sure there was some buffer time between the hair/makeup time and the on-set call.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

lol, I had no idea Dobson wore a toupe, but it's pretty obvious when you look at pictures from Kojak and Knots pictures.

I also think Thomas Calabro started wearing a hair piece on Melrose Place during the later seasons. He definitively did on the reboot. Larry Hagman's hairpieces on Dallas of course deserve their own Hall of Shame.

Edited by te.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I recently re-watched Back To The Cul-De-Sac (1997) and I felt this movie had a few good moments/scenes, but it was all over the place. Here we go again with the Karen & Mac drama over Meg stuff plus Mac having some sort of crazy midlife crisis. Then we have Val falling for a young hot writer and him ending up dead in the pool and Val fears she will be blamed for his murder and lies to the police. Kate returns with Gary's child to add more drama to the Ewing household. Then we have Abby fighting with the IRS and going back to work for Gary and Greg. Anne returns and Paige leaves. etc etc....

What was everyones take on this reunion movie ?

The homes did look nice, especially Gary & Val's house remodel. Abby has a hilarious line where she tells Gary " I have always loved this room, it's soooo suburban. In real life everytime I see doors on homes with the little colonial arched windows I think that's just like Gary & Val had of Knots Landing.....LOL 

• Members

Well, I took it for what it was: an excuse to spend time with characters and actors that I adored. That's where the fun laid and where the "moments" could be found - in watching them do their thing and their chemistry. 
But almost none of the actual plots worked for me and the script (dialogue) itself was actually quite bad at times. But I expected it because those reunion TV movies never really work and I knew coming in we weren't going to get masterful subtle Knots Landing plotting in two two-hour movies with almost the entire cast to use and some cameos to hammer in.

• Members

With Back To the Cul De Sac I was happy with the range of characters they got back. Even though it was only a cameo filmed after production had ended, having Nicollette Sheridan was vital so I'm glad that happened. It was also nice to see characters like Diana and Ginger after so long. I could've done without Anne (maybe sub her for Lilimae) and more Olivia, but overall it was fine. I do wonder what the original Ann Marcus script would've been like.