KNOTS LANDING

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kudos to Alec for always being positive about his soap past, even though The Doctors at that point was apparently a morgue behind the scenes. 

There are at least two errors in that article - People has really become a glut. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Season 13 is extreme -- from perhaps some of the most difficult episodes to get through to wonderful excitement with Paige's paralysis and kidnapping, and the surprisingly intriguing mystery woman in Greg's life.

I was NOT as negative on Season 13A as a lot of others are - I did find plenty of things to enjoy. However, there's no denying the tone was shifted into being almost a crime show. Linda's murder being one example. It just didn't click and the pacing was way, way too slow. But, with one episode left in the season, I am sad it's almost over.

Sheridan gave her best performances yet. She really blossomed here. From crying out in anguish over her paralysis, or throwing Laura's name at Greg's face, getting together with Greg (FINALLY!!!), and being terrorized by Pierce. The boat climax was fantastic. Speaking of Laura, what a great gutpunch to have Greg go back to her tape.

We hadn't seen Frank in a few episodes and so I gasped when we saw him again on episode 21 -- that dramatic weight loss could mean only one thing. Sadly, my fears were confirmed. I didn't know about that. How horribly sad.

The twist with Mary Robeson was great - Greg knows her and wanted to know she was released from prison, her lurking outside the McKenzie house. Again, this is different, but in a good way.

The Claudia/Alex pissing contest continues to excite. It's unique, nothing the show has ever done before, and exhilarating. This is why KNOTS made it so far; creativity. 

Yes. How refreshing and honest. Then again, he did great work at KNOTS and received wonderful writing, so I'm sure that helps.

• Members

It's assessments such as Schemering's that really make me miss KL.  As his article outlines, one of the show's many, many beautiful qualities was its' ability to weave several different kinds of stories (so that, if one story didn't appeal to you, another one surely would); as well as its' ability to know when something wasn't working and course-correct almost immediately.

Thanks, @EricMontreal22, for sharing! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

Apologies for this random question, but...did anyone ever come back from the dead on KNOTS?  Because, as far as I can recall, when someone died on the show, they stayed dead, which was (and is) kind of a rarity even among the primetime soaps.

Edited by Khan

• Members

There were a handful of presumed dead characters who turned out to be alive. Off the top of my head, Val, Gary, Paige (during that period when it seemed like she was an impostor) and Karen's stalker Jeff. Of them all, Val was the only one who got to be dead in-universe (unlike Paige, who was "dead" to her grandparents) for a decent amount of time.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I’m finally knee deep into the final season. First I’ll say that Ann Marcus is a genius. I still wonder what her original script for Back to the Cul De Sac was like because she had such a strong understanding of these characters. In season 13 the change when she joined was instant. She refocused these characters and started telling stories that respected their history. The show now had the momentum they wanted the first half when it was more plot driven.

With season 14 the only thing I didn’t like was Val’s exit. Without Lucy I feel you shouldn’t have considered killing her off. Either have Val leave to go visit Lucy OR bring Lucy back (in Vanessa’s place?) so Gary can have her to help him grieve. Without her the story feels incomplete and Gary is on an island by himself. 

Beyond that, this season is so tightly paced and the refreshed look is fresh and the show still looks expensive. We know due to budget they were limited with how many episodes each actor got, but you never feel it watching the show. Adding supporting characters like Nick, Mary and Vanessa helps and like any good newbie, they all are there to support the main cast. I also feel that Anne having money and marrying Greg is a great pay off after her years of scheming and ending up on the streets. Her character has shown tremendous growth and this is the type of payoff you deserve when a show ends. Claudia is also more interesting as an assertive businesswoman with a boy toy. Putting her in charge of Sumner Group gave her the agency she needed To truly be interesting. 

I feel Knots, Falcon Crest and Dynasty all had good final seasons, but Knots was a step above the rest. If money wasn’t a factor it’s obvious this show could’ve continued for YEARS! It’s always nice when a show ends on their own terms and that’s what they did. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I saw that Michelle Philips was being interviewed by her daughter, Chynna. Unfortunately after a few minutes I realized the whole video was her trying to push her mother into becoming born again. I don't like that kind of behavior at all, and I sure don't want to see someone playing those types of games for Youtube views. I clicked out immediately.

• 4 weeks later...