KNOTS LANDING

• Members

I still think Lynn Latham is why she left Y&R lol. She said it was too much work, but she’d actually expanded her short stint. I think the thought of how they would’ve written her was too much for her. I also believe they are probably why she started looking at new projects and decided to leave. It’s a shame because I do think season 13 was good for her, but she’d already been burnt out playing crisis after crisis for Valene. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
The last three episodes, especially the finale, are quite something.

They must be kidding me with Gary and Kate, right? I actually see chemistry but they started this whole thing less than an episode after Gary and Val remarried! 

Wherever I thought this Brian Johnston thing was going, it was not sex tapes and him disappearing and Linda setting up Paige to be suspected. Is this an indication that Linda's losing it? Haven't we seen this sort of thing with Jill before?

Honestly, Galveston being revealed as Steve's father and it turning out to mean almost nothing to Greg or Steve is such a waste of time. They even smiled. Also, I REALLY don't know how I feel about Claudia setting up Steve with a gun. Even if she didn't raise him, he is her son! Not even Abby Ewing would do something like this to her kids. It pushes Claudia into outright villain territory. And it seems like Steve may have been shot? It's a good cliffhanger (one of four!) but not sure how I feel about Claudia after this.

Perhaps the most resonating stuff was Nick abandoning Anne and Phillips' wonderful work as Anne has now run out of options, family, and friends. I don't necessarily buy her descent into homelessness (after all, wasn't she drawing a great salary as a member of the foundation?) but I love how her pride is just as much responsible as the circumstances for where she ends up. And that shot of Anne reflected on the glass in front of a ritzy dress she probably would've worn as she breaks down is brilliant.

Looks like we've said goodbye to Michael! Wow. 12 years. That's sad, but I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

The most bizarre stuff happens with Karen. One did get the sense of impending doom when Karen and Val drove off to go shopping, so you knew something was about to happen, but being shot with a paintball gun? Karen going all vigilante and getting into the car to chase the thugs? Their car getting hit by a truck? Jason turning out to be in the back seat?! Jesus. Why did it have to be paintball? Maybe one of Jason's friends was driving carelessly and almost hit Meg, Bobby, or Betsy. I would buy Karen going after them more if that were the case (but barely). Purely in shock-value terms, Karen discovering Jason in the back of the car is a great twist, but boy the way we got there... And just don't tell me they may kill off both Jason and Steve.

AFAIK, Latham and Lechowick were the showrunners for Season 12. She probably did loathe another Val-is-crazy story.

Thanks for the wishes!

• Members

I remember the first time I saw this episode. I had rarely been so bewildered or angered by a primetime soap episode (there is another one coming up that angers me even more so at least I was prepared...). Bewildered by the Karen material, which just comes out of nowhere and feels completely out of place on Knots, and angered with the Claudia material, because it's just way too much and it destroyed a character that I, up to that point, had genuinely enjoyed.

• Members

I thought perhaps I was the only one but I, too, felt the Claudia stuff destroyed the character. And it's a big shame considering some careful writing and good acting had turned what was a too obvious retconned character into something that worked and I wanted to see more of.

Ah that would make sense considering he had no other credits following KL (except the miniseries). I'm sure he could've booked something if he wanted to LOL

Edited by YRBB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So Season 13 started decently enough but quickly slowed down in pace and interest just 5 or 6 episodes in. While I like the idea of Tidal Energy and Anne and Benny, things are excruciatingly slow and it doesn't feel like a lot happens. I think the last time I felt this way with the show was somewhere in the second half of Season 7.

Linda's murder was a shock. I did not expect her to be disposed of that way. Not sure where I thought the Brian Johnston stuff was going but I thought him taking Karen, Mack, Jason, and Meg hostage was decent. Poor Jason -- first he's comatose, then he disappears for episodes on end, then he gets shot. I am SO relieved though because I thought they'd kill him off.

Not sure I really care what the show is trying to do with Claudia's nightmares. She set her own son up to be arrested and directly led to his death. I feel no emotional connection to her anymore, she's kinda dead to me.

Pierce and Paige have ZERO chemistry and I hate that he was introduced immediately as Paige's existing love. Not to mention, other than a decent body, Pierce is a bit cryptkeeper-y. At least Marcia Cross showing up and being seemingly psycho shows promise....

I have no idea if it's going to happen but I suspect Greg may want Meg back. The show has definitely waited a long time to pull the trigger on that.

Edited by YRBB