KNOTS LANDING

• Members

I have been watching Season 12. First 5 episodes so far (so, up to "What If?"). Something feels off about the show. It's weirdly structured. A little uninspired. And, most sadly of all, a little boring. That being said, there's still good stuff, like Danny's sudden kidnapping/murder attempt of Gary and the climax of Karen's stalker storyline. Still, I do not see where this is going from here. 

I have also finally seen the infamous "Pollyanna" speech scene. I find it hard to divorce myself from years of opinions I've read about it, ranging from very positive to very negative, but, overall, I liked it well enough, especially when she goes into what we can't do in the world anymore -- until she starts saying she wants to be a Pollyanna. There is something teeth-clenching about that, but Lee's performance here was very, very good (and much more controlled that her usual). 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Reading the sad news about Edie McClurg apparently having dementia I was looking at some old Valerie's Hogan Family clips and ended up being reminded that Danny Ponce was one of the boys who played Laura's ageless son. I guess he got out of Knots at the right time...

Did anyone ever notice at the time that the show had what seems like 6 or 7 different opening credits sequences? I found another new one just yesterday. Bewildering. 

This is probably my favorite one, as it has the popping and locking scene that today would probably be called "iconic". 

(I keep forgetting Christine Ebersole was ever on this show - she had so much bad luck in primetime)

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I always love finding more soap actors in commercials so thanks. (just yesterday I saw an insurance ad with a voiceover from Thayer David - it was a nice surprise)

Most of the time when boys on 70's and onward sitcoms get older they just become assholes and sex-obsessed,  but the credits for the Hogan Family manage to maintain the "one twin athletic the other twin loves book learning" narrative all the way to the final season. 

I'd genuinely love to ask their producers about their opening credits ideas, especially since shows don't even have opening credits now...

• Members

Oh God - I did not recognize Christine Ebersole when she turned up as the mom in the infamous Mac & Me in the premiere episode of the new season of Mystery Science Theater 3000, despite having already seen Mac & Me when it came out.

• Members

I was *this close* to posting Too Many Cooks. My favorite part of Turn and Smile was when they all turned, but Ashley Marketable was a second or two behind on smiling. It could have been genuine or a dead-on parody of how the Olson Twins weren't that good of actresses.