How about Renee Elise Goldsberry as the new Drucilla on Y&R?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

REG just came off playing Mimi in Rent in which she got rave reviews. Rent just ended and if she wasn't talented enough, they would never have let her close that award winning amazing show. I think that when enough time passes, REG absolutely can play Dru. I always saw Dru as strong, independent, fierce but with a touch of vulnerability. REG can definately do that. Mimi is more of a Dru than an Olivia IMO.

• Members

My answer would be no, but I think it's unfair to say she will lack the "fierce" factor, when she's never been given the chance to show it. It's like how everyone said that Heath Ledger would make an awful joker, and he surprised us all. Remember it's an actor's job to embody the role. I think Renee Jones or even Amelia Marshall would make a better choice though, I was never a big fan of RG.

• Members

On this board, yes. But I've seen polls on other boards where Amelia has won over Heather. It is interesting how opinions vary from board to board. For instance, most people on SON prefer DS to CK as Lily, but look at the results of this poll on SOC.

I actually think the audience is about 50/50 on Heather vs Amelia.

• Members

I think Renee is a highly skilled actress and could pull it off but I would like her return to daytime to reprise the role of Evangeline Williamson.

That is just my preference...but isn't she still on Broadway or is that over??...my thing is I have read rumors as to why Victoria left her role so? If these are true what is going to change here?

Archived