Y&R: Week of August 25, 2008

• Members

Another good episode.. not as good as Monday, but still good.

Victor's Death

Adam is a cold-hearted bastard! And I think he will be a great villain! I loved the scenes with Neil and Adam and later Karen and Adam. KAREN IS ALIVE! The woman finally came to life and showed some emotion! Nia is great! They should use Karen like this more often. I loved the dialogue in those scenes. And music was great too. I would love it if Adam was this cold and bad. And then with Heather, and only Heather, to be sweet and nice. Y&R needs a good villain.

But my only gripe about these scenes today was Michael Baldwin. My God! When did he become so moral and saintly?! I hate it! Just like St. Phyllis, I hate St. Michael! What's next? In 5 years, Chloe and Lily will be best friends and Chloe will be awarded World's Biggest Samaritan? I miss that bad Michael.

MTS rocked it once again. She was great! But what made me happy today was Amelia Heinle's Victoria. For the first time I was able to see Victoria in her. She was so strong, yet her eyes looked like she was gonna cry. I liked it.

Chloe/Cane/Lily

So I'm guessing judging by Chloe's story about her Mom that the rumors were not true... But I loved Liz H. again today. Although, is Chloe for real? What did she expect out of Cane? To be the happiest man on Earth? This is a shut gun wedding, Chloe! He's not happy! Did she really think that by getting pregnant she would make him love her? I still love her though in spite of this.

Ana

I didn't really care much about their scenes today. But I did like the final scene, where Devon finally talks Ana into going away to that school. The music was so nice and I liked how Devon talked her into going. It was a nice scene. I'm glad she's leaving tough.

It was a good show!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I have a feeling it will be cancer. Which could be a great storyline!

Y&R didn't have a health storyline in how long? The last I remember was Olivia's leukemia (LOVED IT)... But I stopped watching from 2005 - 2008, so someone could have had a heath storyline then.

• Members

In my opinion, it was a terribly wasted storyline... it went too fast and aside from Adam's introduction there was no other point. I wish they kept her alive.

We'll see how VB does if that's the storyline she'll get.

• Members

That's my big problem with this story. I love Liz/Chloe, and I don't have the same issues with Cane and Lily that others do (and no, I don't want to have a debate about it. So there. :D ) My issue with it is that it seems like a soap story from the 80's. The whole "trap a man who hates your guts into marriage with a pregnancy" thing doesn't ring true in this day and age, when so many women are having babies on their own, and so many couples decide having a baby can be meaningful to both individually while not involving marriage. Yeah, they tried to explain it away by talking about Cane's parentage, and how he missed having a real family - but that's a bit of a stretch. It would work better if Cane didn't hate Chloe as much as he does, but the way he treats her, I don't understand why he or Lily would think that's a better environment than unmarried parents. And Lily's "I have to do the far, far better thing" also is a stretch. Again, I would have bought it on a soap in 1985, but in 2008, it just doesn't hold water.

• Members

I got from that scene that the rumors were true. The only one that threw me for a second was coming home to find her mom had thrown out all her comforting stuff and bought her all new things. Then I realized that home to her wouldn't be home to her mother as well.

• Members

That line is what made me think it's not true as well.. LOL I guess we'll see... I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't planned it, but heard it now online and then just write it in, in spite of everything.. LOL

But your explanation is good though.. We'll see! :D

Did you watch US Tuesday? Chloe opens up about her childhood...

• Members

The Chloe-Cane-Lily story reminds me of Nola-Kelly-Morgan on GL, but the writers should have found a more original way to force Chloe into Cane's life. The problem is that the leading man is boring, the ingenue isn't charismatic enough and most people adore the weird girl who wants to break them up. I know I do.. lol

However I don't want Chloe to end up with Cane. He is not nearly as interesting as she is and the character has been ruined for me. She deserves better than that.

Y&R has been very good lately and it's great to watch the veterans in action. I love Wise Neil and as I told you before this is the first time I find Sharon interesting (and sexy) EVER.

The SORASed Noah should have waited a few years before showing up though. This new trend with ultra young parents (Nick & Sharon, ATWT's Brad, B&B's Donna, OLTL's Sexy Grandpa Todd) will cause problems in the long run.

BTW, since Y&R wanted Beth Ehlers as Patty Williams a few months ago, could it be that Heather's illness will bring back Paul's kid sister? And I think I know the former AMC actress who could play the part... :)

Bringing Neil and Phyllis closer is a great way to have Drucilla back as part of an interesting storyline. Dru would eat Karen or Tyra alive. And poor Ana too.

Archived