Y&R: Week of August 25, 2008

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ICAM. I was wondering where you were, MTSRocks! I have been loving Nikki lately and MTS has been hitting it out of the ballpark with this story.

Same here. My sister can't stand him, but I think he's great. :) I liked Karen's insult to Adam because it gave Nia something different to do, not because of a dislike for Adam. It gave the character a little bit of spunk and I liked the way she delivered the lines.

I was fixin to say something, but then I saw your post and thought - what's the point. Thanks for stopping me! :)

• Members

Yeah, it's time to freakin' forget about those fights. Y&rfan will never understand the stuff everyone is telling him/her, so why bother. Let's rather focus on the series and just let everyone post whatever they want. ;)

Still, this doesn't mean they'll actually do something with Karen. They'll probably drop her soon anyway.

• Members

I see karen gone again soon. But man should they keep her. Nia is amazing, and i could picture her paired with any male on this show and in just about any type of storyline. Karen could easily work with Jack, Nick, Brad, JT, etc... and cause all kinda of drama. She just doesnt work with Niel, IMHO.

• Members

Bless the Beasts and Children.

The song comes from the film of the same title, and was originally sung by Karen Carpenter. That film was also the original source of "Cotton's Theme" (which later became Nadia's Theme). Most memorably, the song was played when Snapper said his farewells to his biological son, Chuckie, to whom he had just donated a kidney. Chuckie left never knowing Snapper was his father. This scene is still available on Crackle, Sony's free "minisode" network. See below.

Recently, it was re-recorded by Michael Damian's niece (that was today's singer, I think), and played surrounding Lily's miscarriage. I didn't find it effective them...but in retrospect that is because CKLily didn't play the emotions right. I found the song was much more effective today, probably because young Jamia cried real tears. I fear she has been undervalued, in part because of all that annoying and inappropriate singing. Are these actresses coming back?

• Members

Translation: I have several opinions that some disagree with, therefore I am somehow considered inferior and "insane" and it's best just to ignore me. And if you feel the need to attack me at every opportunity, feel free to do that because after all, it is crazy old ME we're talking about.

PS. I'm a guy.

Archived