Y&R: Week of August 25, 2008

• Members

Well, I have to agree with you about Chris...a conclusion I drew after his "cry" after Victor's death. (Very dry eyed!). Except....it's hard to tell if this is acting or "layers". It is clear that Adam's ambitions have taken over...so maybe he meant to show us these were insincere crocodile tears. But the other thing is that Adam HIMSELF has used the word "compartmentalized"...and the actor (in a recent interview) said that Adam suppressed his emotions...and he feared Adam was going to develop a persoanlity disorder from all the repression. So, is it bad acting or a choice?

Finally, the thing about Adam that is Victor-like, ironically, is the lack of much emotional variability in the normal range. Victor sort of alternates between "bemused", "neutral", "icy cold" and "raging furious". For Adam, so far, we see "icy cold" (not as chilling as Victor--more snarky and dispassionate, actually) and neutral. I'm wondering if he's trying to evoke "Victor", or if he's a limited actor.

Time will tell.

Joshua Morrow IS a limited actor. No question. But Nick became much more enjoyable when Nick became more like Joshua...basketball shorts, dude, in your face trash talk sometimes...and also the STALWART son during Victor's epilepsy. Morrow's portrayal from Cassie's death through Victor's epilepsy through Nick's return with amnesia made me a lifetime fan. Oh yeah, plus his SIZZLING affair with Phyllis. The writing has since weakened Nick...but no matter. Joshua won me for life in 2005-2007. His was one of the few characters to flourish and improve under LML's pen.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IA. Alot of new soap stars grow into being able to cry on cue, so I'm willing to overlook that for now. If he's still like that this time next year, I may change my tune. The CLBs of the world are the exception - not the rule.

Good point. I guess we'll have to wait and see to determine where he's coming from. But now I'm wondering....when Hope died in Kansas, did we see CE's response? This was his mother, who raised him by herself. If he couldn't cry for that one....

• Members

I just LOVED it when Sharon took the phone away from Phyllis and then continued talking about Nick, like Phyllis didn't know him as well as her (which probably is true...) Bring back Shick, down with Phick!! :D :D

Anytime Phyllis is not in a scene with Nick, she's great! Her scene with Chloe was really good.

Archived