Y&R: Week of August 25, 2008

• Members

Well, I wouldn't like to play the role of Cassandra here, but just wait until it starts sucking again. It might be a matter of episodes.

This show will me a mess, to a higher or lower degree, until behind-the-scenes stuff and staff become stable.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Lately", I said "Lately"

I didn't say "Forever and ever, this show is perfect, Y&R rules, all the rest drool" LOL!

There's every chance it could pull a OLTL and fall into the pits of hell again. But just like I was told numerous times about Days over the last six months by lots of post-ers (hi JP and Kev and PR!) when I spoke doom and gloom every time they wrote a good episode and fans praised them: "Why can't you just enjoy it right now, in the moment?" And you know what? They were right. I was wrong. So I'm choosing to enjoy it in the moment. Yeah, it could suck tomorrow. Doesn't mean today's show didn't still kick all sorts of ass for 39 minutes.

• Members

You implied that I was not aware that the show could suck again very soon because of all the backstage nonsense playing itself out. And you're not wrong. I totally agree with you.

Just pointing out that the Days debacles over the last eight months have taught me a really valuable lesson about posting on these message boards. Sure, I can remind people over and over again that it's Higley, and she'll always turn in trash when all is said and done, and the BTS stuff will make their show worse in the end, and Corday's influence will always bring the show back to the same dreck it's been in the past. And all it did was make me look like a jaded, bitter, narrow-minded person. Sure, I may have been right - but all Days fans wanted to do was just enjoy it when it was good. Because sadly, that'll all they've got.

So I learned my lesson. And I've tried over the last two weeks not to post in Days threads about how people shouldn't enjoy it, and it's only going to get bad again, and it'll eventually sucks like it always does. Because it's just p!ssing on someone else's parade and I don't like how it makes me feel, or how it makes me look to other post-ers.

Y&R might have a few stumbles and falls, and in fact, a year from now, it might be in worse shape than LML's Y&R ever was. That all might be true. But I shouldn't be trying to cr@p all over other people's enjoyment of their shows, because I've learned I don't want others cr@pping all over my enjoyment of my shows.

Just a thought, and just my humble opinion. I've been doing some soul-searching lately about how some of my posts come across (mainly starting with when you referred to me as "mean", which really hit home for me as I've worked really hard not to come across as someone cruel or closed/narrow-minded or didn't appreciate healthy debate). And maybe I've projected some of that soul-searching on to you and your posts when that's not within my control, so for that, you also have my sincerest apologies. I've really been trying to focus lately on how I come across on here to people I really respect, but I shouldn't be forcing you to do the same thing.

Sorry, Sylph.

• Members

i just hope when billy come home they can put and end to cane and chole/kate i am tried of chole crazyness i hope when billy return all will end some how i have a feel the writer will wait for the child to be born before the truth come out. poor lilly

anyway i am looking forward to victor return, adam have turn into monster, heather has become a self center queen pradeing around the house like she own it, i cannot wait for victor to kick their butt out. i just cannot wait to see how all of these madness &mess get clean up. :rolleyes::unsure:

• Members

I somehow feel cheated, although I'm not. I knew those big August/September stories were, in the end, going to suck. But I somehow always had this tiny hope that it might turn out to be something really good.

Silly me.

• Members

Once again epople need to stopt aking posts personal. if you feel its a personal attack report it. But DO NOT STOP posting your thours, your views, and how you feel because someone else mught take it the wrong way.

Come on now people. We can all disagree an d debate. Thats the point. ignore the people you feel attack you or [!@#$%^&*] on you or are out to get you. And this is directed at EVERYONE! Because seariously, ever since i started placing on ignore i have loved posting more and more.

• Members

Not silly you, you had hope, that's not something to be ashamed of.

I don't feel that the August/September stories suck, I find them really enjoyable and I feel the actors received some great scenes to play, the show does feel like there is some momentum...I guess I'm being optimistic as well.

• Members

Actually Y&R has been good during the last month or two. It's nowhere near perfection but at least it isn't at the bottom. I can endure every scene with the characters I hate, and then comment on how they suck here. That's what the forum is for. I didn't expect much for those Aug/Sep spoilers and that's why I wasn't disappointed. People who suddenly start expecting a miracle will only end up disappointed.

• Members

No one was expecting a miracle. At least, I wasn't.

I expected gradual change for the better. And even though something of the sorts happened, it's still like a roller-coaster, up then down, then up... It doesn't have stability.

Archived