Y&R: Week of August 25, 2008

• Members

Putting the difference of opinion aside, the entire stuff needs to end. Not only with us, but also with other people. It's something that's going to trouble other people still, but we should rather choose to discuss the more important stuff, and leave the rest in peace. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. I'm sure there are a lot of other stuff we might have in common. So that's it, as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Couldn't agree more. He is good at arrogant SOB, but he is painful to watch when he is trying to show sadness and grief. It was so glaring when CLB and even KSJ were able to show emotion over Victor's presumed death and yet in the 15 secs Chris Egan tried to show grief all I felt was the guy looked constipated. Thankfully they pulled away quickly just like they did when Adam was grieving in Heather's arms. Maybe it is better they are turning Adam into a true black knight. That seems to suit him better.

The mimicing of Victor is starting to bug me a bit because it is just not subtle. It is one thing to share similar characteristics which signify a blood relation, but the blatant copying of Chris Egan of Eric Braedan's mannerisms plays off to me like a little boy puitting on his father's suit and playing the part of his father. It doesn't feel like they are natural character traits of Adam.

I have to say though I got a big kick out of Adam's face off with Michael near the elevators. He went toe to toe with CLB and really held his own. They need more Michael and Adam scenes like this. Maybe CLB and Peter Bergman can work with him on how to produce the man tears.

• Members

Sadly I agree and it is frustrating because at times he has really been able to pull the heartstrings. It just seems like the job is mostly just a paycheck to him. I appreciate that he prioritizes his family but he doesn't seem to work much on his craft. He is definitely better in family mode. I never bought him as businessman and now with Phyllis his scenes are mostly irritating. I have liked him in scenes with Nikki and Victoria these past couple of weeks aside from the terrible scenes in the truck on Monday's show. MTS and JC were pulling out their A game and whenever they went to Nick it pulled me out of the emotional feeling of the episode. JM didn't seem to get the message that Nick should be upset about his mother and father.

Ironic that Chris Egan is much better in business mode and Josh Morrow is much better in family mode.

• Members

Maybe true but the problem is he is working opposite very good actors and it doesn't matter if he is better than Josh Morrow, He has to step up and be better opposite the stronger actors on the show. I think he is doing pretty good, but I don't get all the Chris Egan love for his potrayal. I think he is getting very good writing, and gets to stir the pot but he does not blow me away like when Greg Rikkhart or CLB first came on the scene as bad guys.

• Members

Well first of all, so long Tyra and Ana, don't let the door hit you on the way out! What HORRIBLE characters, thank the good lord that mess is over.

Next, Joshua Morrow is certainly letting the Phick thing destroy him. He's being really lifeless and I don't think that's going to go too well for too long. She and Michelle Stafford are really bad right now. That is one relationship that needs to end, it's killing the actors. Chris Engen = Don Diamont. Pretty much.

• Members

I think JM is getting way too much credit.

He is an okay actor - at best - i love him, and the role works for him, but hes not steller - however sometimes when the material is amazing and hes in a scene with someone amazing he will rise to a new level. but i dont think he lazy when hes not good - i just thiks hes a bad actor.

• Members

Ooh...Jamia sang the song? Cool! No wonder I felt more this time than when Michael Damian's niece sang it a few months ago.

Did you just hear that Jamia sang it, or did you read it somewhere? (If the latter, I'd love to see the article).

• Members

I think Chris is OK as an actor. He is pretty sexy. He does not do emotional well, but I think that is true of many new soap stars.

Personally I think Josh is pretty darn good, particularly compared to other soap stars. Where did it come from that he was almost fired?

Archived