Y&R: Week of August 25, 2008

• Administrator

That's what I thought of too. I smiled after watching that scene. :) Did you notice the music that was playing during the last couple of scenes? It was another thing that reminded me of old school Y&R.

I thought JFE did a great job today. :)

dmarex, very nice new avatar. :wub:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Too bad they didn't just have an episode featuring Nick desperately trying to get to his mother, while she sits drowning her sorrows and flashing back with Katherine over her love story with Victor, complete with video clips. They really should have left everyone else for Tuesday.

• Members

What a terrific show. Mostly good stuff. The Nikki/Katherine stuff was shockingly funny...and I think intentionally. Of course Nikki was funny, but Cooper (maybe because Kay was "going along") seemed close to cracking up several times. Still, the memories were terrific, and I found myself pleased that they were spoken, rather than flashbacked. There was TRUE, CLASSIC Bell dialogue...Nikki: "....the man I love more than life itself". Loved her memory of Diane Jenkins the *bitch*, Victor putting makeup on her in the hospital, Col. Austin "old boy". Just amazing. Today's episode was clearly written by a historian...and boy was that a delight.

How loooong were those Nikki scenes? I don't remember such long, talky scenes in forever, but I was entertained by them totally. I hope we get scenes like this much more often. It was amazing that both Scott and Cooper were basically acting alone..yet their scene partnership felt very real and entertaining. I wonder if the actresses really taped at the same time.

Nick, in that truck...reminded me again of that opening scene from Y&R in 1973, in a pleasing kind of way.

It was a little odd...with all the "Restless Style" heat, that all was forgotten as Nick and Sharon shared a familial closeness over the distance. That is a classic Newman maneuver...and I'm starting to feel poor Phyllis is doomed.

I am surprisingly concerned about Heather's fate. What is the matter? Will this be a gambit to bring back a Williams (Patty? Mary? Ricky? Carl? Steve? Todd?) bone marrow donor?

False notes: Chris Engen, who has so far impressed me....was dry eyed and not very convincing in his emotion. Neil and Phyllis HUGGED??? Ummm...didn't she kill his wife? Neil (and Paul) called Victor "friend"...but that didn't seem totally right to me. I'd say Neil has been more of a friend to Victor than the reverse. Paul and Victor have definitely worked together in many capacities over the years...but that has been so neglected in terms of a "relationship". Still, the portrait of Victor looms large. What an important character Victor is!

Fun show. I continue to hope for consistency. If they can remember to honor history more, and if they can produce more consistently good episodes...they'd have my full heart back.

• Members

Today's episode was absolutely fantastic.

"I'm Nikki and I'm an alcoholic but please please love me anyway!" MTS was absolutely fantastic today, in every sense of the word. She was dramatic, and funny at the same time. JC completely mesmerized me and the writing was very, very good. Nikki and Katherine's friendship is truly touching.

Adam was also great today. Chris Engen totally nailed Adam's breakdown--and the way he barged into Victor's office? God, I love Adam.

• Members

I completely agree with what everyone has said. MTS and JC were both beyond brilliant today. I could not take my eyes off the screen and it's been well over two years since I last felt that way. Adam's reaction was great....and I too thought about that first scene of the show with Nick in that truck!! I thought I'd be the only one to remember it though. Good to see I'm not alone.

I hope the show continues to utilize JC and MTS in this fabulous way!!

Archived