Y&R: Week of August 25, 2008

• Members

I had a passionate debate with a very good, close friend of mine the other night about Adam vs. Nick/Victoria.

Due to this argument, even though I still feel the way I feel, I was going to try and give Adam a chance.

After the way that snot-nosed punk acted at the end of today's episode and the previews for tomorrow's episode, he can once again kiss my ass.

Your father is feared dead........and all you care about is whose running NE?! He showed one scene of grief at having not known Victor that long, and I honestly saw his pain. Then the punk walks into Newman and starts throwing his weight around, telling people about The Will and how he's in control.

[!@#$%^&*] him.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, coming from a Chris Engen fan...I saw a screwed up face, but no tears, no deep emotion. I actually thought maybe he was putting on a show for Heather.

I like Adam best when we get the sense that his corn-fed Hope side (he probably did yard work for the local church as a kid, as service) is at war with his Harvard-trained ruthless Victor side. I don't feel that war very often these days. If he does heated battle with his family...fine. We should be shown that he is doing it out of misguided LOVE...his desire to please his father and honor his legacy--not greed and ambition. And, when he does these mean things, we should see him be sweet to Heather, and help a child, and refuse to let the Newman mansion staff wait on him because "I can do it myself, honestly!". If we would see the constant mix of good and bad...Adam would be the winningest character on daytime.

• Members

That's not a fact - that's an opinion.

I see it the opposite way: Daniel and Colleen would be good if Amber wasn't still hanging around.

Not all actors can cry on cue. CK compensated for the absence of tears with facial expressions, etc.

No - Dru was responsible for her own demise because she couldn't mind her own damn business.

• Members

Great post. You hit on all the things I loved about this episode. MTS was brilliant. I was laughing at Nikki and then a second later crying for her. Absolutly loved Nikki's memories and I am so glad she mentioned that makeup scene. That has always been my favorite all time scene of Nikki and Victor's. I remember loving when Victor applied her makeup. The line about Diane had me cracking up. Even drunk and devastated, Nikki still hates that bitch, Diane.

I did feel Neil and Paul's sadness and even Sharon's at the very end. It wasn't what she said, but the slight redness and tears in her eyes. Reminded me of Victor and Sharon's closeness over the years. I totally buy Chris Egan's Adam as an SOB but I found his scenes sharing his grief with Heather really lacking. I don't think he plays sadness or grief well at all. He needs to work on that. Get CLB to show him how to tear up on cue. LOL.

I have to give Vail Bloom credit. I usually find her lacking but I really felt her fear today at the end when the doctor wanted to run more tests. I actually felt more emotion from her about the loss of Victor than from Adam. I like her in scenes with Doug Davidson and she really did look worn out today. I do care what happens to her I just wonder if Adam will be there for her or check put because he is not emotionally ready to deal with her health issues if they are serious.

Jeanne Cooper was fabulous and boy can she handle those phones. LOL. Her panic when she couldn't reach Nikki was palpable and you could see she was trying to hold it together for Nikki while still feeling sadness for Victor.

Phyllis was just irritating and Nick's scenes left me a bit cold. I felt nothing from JM and I really have liked his scenes recently, but as a friend pointed out Nick is in denial right now and not even thinking about Victor's death so I will give him a pass.

This episode was wonderful and I am so glad they focused so many scenes on the wonderful MTS and Jeanne Cooper.

• Members

Have to agree. Hotel room service cart anyone?

Also, have to admit the hug between Phyllis and Neil really bugged me today. It was just wrong. They can still talk to each other about how to handle matters but no need for a hug.

• Members

It just seems like it wouldn't be the Y&R thread without those two mentioned (Sherwood was not mentioned). I'm sorry but when you talk about the weak points of the series, those two are somehow always mentioned.

• Members

Yeah, you're right — it would be a much better thread! There's no point in keeping this alive when, clearly, everyone has already formed an opinion. Which is unlikely to change any time soon.

Sherwood wasn't mentioned but three posts from now she will be. You know how these things go.

And when on Earth did I talk about those three? I think — never. Because I couldn't care less, I would write them all off the show.

• Members

Also, it would be good if they learned not to intentionally p!ss people off. Which is what Sherwood/Khalil/Sursok thing serves for, clearly.

Ignoring is not an option. Then again, you can't ban someone solely because of that person's insanity or something.

Archived