Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always found him boring and somewhat isolated from most of the rest of the cast, to be honest. BYE!

I really WANT to love this show. And it has it's moments, and I can get into it, but it just sometimes is way too depressing and hard to keep up with, for whatever reason.

• Members

Dodger's exit was dumb and super contrived (what's new).

Part of HO's problem is they have this penchant for hanging on to characters when they shouldn't. Dodger and Maxine should have left together, that's where the story was heading, and would have felt natural. But no, Dodger must go on the run b/c his incest daughter pushed his half brother off of the hospital roof, and he'll definitely go jail, despite Will trying to kill both of them moments before. If Sienna, Patrick, Freddie, Grace, Trevor (and basically every other villain in the last 2 years) can escape any charges brought upon them, change alibis and statements at the drop of a hat, then surely Dodger could have wriggled out of this.

Such awful writing.

KMan: You're right about Dodger being isolated from the rest of the cast. They seemed to have forgotten about his friendship with Darren over the last year, and for some reason, he barely shared any scenes with half the cast. I think that was a shame, as he was a decent character who had chemistry with everyone he worked with. I guess they prefered to focus more on the Roscoes, Ste, Sinead and mixing them up with as many characters and stories as possible all at once.

• Members

I was reading up on this and Dodger is on the run for Will's "murder," but Will is still alive? What will they do when it's revealed Will is alive?

The guy who played Dodger told them back in 2013 that he was leaving. I wonder if that's why they isolated him.

• Members

So Ste really has HIV/AIDS huh? Wow......yet another thing to gain sympathy for both him and John Paul.

And I'm confused as to who this Connor guy is and when Ste even slept with him? Was this after he slept with Sinead? Before he went to rehab? The timeline is a little fuzzy.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

The pacing was just terrible...I think in the space of two or three episodes (I might have the timing mixed up) JP walked out on him because he thought he was having sex with Lockie (for drugs), he gave Lockie bad coke (for revenge or whatever) that Lockie gave JP (since JP had randomly decided to snort coke to get over his troubles). JP had a terrible reaction and had to go in hospital. Ste had sex with the guy, threatened his family with the flower pot shard in a rehab bid, and went off to rehab, with John Paul watching him go (Lockie telling JP as Ste left that Ste had given him the bad coke).

I've heard the HIV reveal episodes were very good. I just don't know if I care about watching right now. These characters are so shallow I don't care about real world issues. Why bother with the pretense? Remember the pretense of Maxine/Patrick being about stopping domestic violence? Does anyone believe that? They should have just kept Ste in the fantasy world where drugs and sex do nothing to you. If anyone sees this show as real life, they have a lot of problems a message story won't fix.