Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I watched some of the John Paul/Ste stuff and it doesn't even begin to feel like a romantic relationship. I guess that's the point? John Paul told Lockie that they were carers for each other. I guess Kirkwood just wanted to have a big gay wedding and now he can move on?

Kieron's performances are pure camp. I will praise him for giving all his effort, but some of it, like when he tried to stab people with a broken piece of flowerpot, was just awful.

(speaking of awful - seeing Youtube comments about how Ste is broken without Brendan because Brendan kept him "safe and alive")

I don't know if he's planning JP/Lockie. I assume he is. They have good chemistry, but it will be so forced if it's just another affair.

Lockie's a lot of fun. He's also extremely hot. I hope they keep him fun and light and plotting instead of turning him into a psycho or making him too depressing, like they did with Darren.

They should have had Lockie sleep with both JP and Ste. Have a threeway relationship between them.

He also had good chemistry with Ste.

• Members

I'm glad you said all that re Lockie because I've been thinking it from the very moment I saw him onscreen. He's definitely given a new jolt of energy to the show. And it's funny but I can totally buy his relationship with Porsche and at the same time I'm blown away by the chemistry he's exhibited with John Paul and Ste.

John Paul is already the slut of Hollyoaks so they might as well make him the one who slips and has the affair. I'm so over the character but I do like that Lockie calls him out on how utterly stiff and boring he is.

I cannot believe Rick is dead

• Members

The Peri/Cameron scenes were so touching/heartbreaking and God that little girl was about to have me sobbing when stupid Leila just came out of nowhere and took her back..

Ziggy has effectively become as loathed as Freddy is. First it was what's her face who OD'ed and then left the show. Then Leila. Then Teagan. Countless girls inbetween. I'm so over this guy.

• Members

In random news: James McKenzie Robinson (Joe Johnson) will guest on season 5 of Game of Thrones. Going by his IMDb, this will be his return to TV after a handful of years. Joe Johnson was the long lost son of Jill Patrick (Jack's second wife, who died from a brain tumour). He was only on briefly in a story where he and his twin sister, Kate Patrick, eventually fell in love and knowing they obviously couldn't be together left town separately.

• Members

That's one of those stories I always want to see more of (I'd like to see more of the Patrick family, as they were all close to Jack before being written out - now he's mostly just known for marriage to that shrew Frankie).

I guess the GoT/HO lovefest continues.

• Members

Bon voyage Dodger Savage! You were one of the last big hit characters this show introduced. You and Texas were one of the best couples in modern soap history. But then you had to get stuck in a chemistry-less pairing with Maxine and story that never, ever ended. no matter how many people got blown up and kidnapped. I'll always have fond memories of you, but I won't miss you for a good while. It was time and now I hope Theresa, Maxine and Sienna will be free to do something fresh and interesting. With Patrick still around, I won't hold my breath for the latter two, but Theresa has a more solid shot. I'll keep my fingers crossed.