Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm glad that Nancy and Darren are broken up for good due to what went on before the wedding. That said I have no idea who they would put Darren or Nancy with in the future. I also hope that it was Jessica Fox's decision to leave if she does go, because she's been on the show for so many years. Of course, if Nancy does die, the Tom curse continues - poor kid.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nancy and Darren were one of those couples Paul Marquess threw together at random, none of which worked for me. I thought it also essentially destroyed Darren as a character. Nancy - well, she's always been what she is now, so I guess that's HO's one consistency.

Sadly I doubt separating them will make any difference for Darren at this point.

HO is just full of utter rot.

• Members

Nice to see that Emmett Scanlan, after polluting this show for years with a virulently anti-gay storyline, has found a home on Constantine, which turns their main character straight and last night had an episode about a gay predator.

I'm sure the tumblr fans are squealing and squealing every time he dusts off yet another bad accent.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Oh, Emmett will be a movie star at some point, don't you worry.

These same deluded people are the ones who believe Kieron Richardson must quit immediately so he can become a star, even though he would be lucky to get Tweaker #1 or Sassy Gay Friend in most projects, which he likely knows.

Let them go win the lottery and hire Emmett and Kieron to play out a more romantic version of What's Love Got To Do With It?

• Members

That's what I meant. But the twins are hers of course. I'm glad for that. Cuz after the way Finn and Sinead have acted I'd want absolutely nothing to do with either of them. She should take Tony for everything he has and not look back for one second.

This Lochlan guy is such a player. I mean is there no one in the village who doesn't find him hot? Lol...

• Members

Peri, and that's a good thing since Lochlan is her Uncle and her name isn't Sienna. I can't stand Diane, though I loved how she reacted to Tony and Sinead's relationship. I do wonder since the marriage wasn't consummated if Tony won't lose half of everything. (No idea how it works in the UK.)

Edited by ~bl~

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I got these statistics off a thread at DS, which show how absolutely ridiculous Bryan Kirkwood has become. It may not be 100% correct, but being that it's probably fairly accurate, you can see how reckless he is.

Producer death counts
Phil Redmond 10 (1995 - 2000)
Jo Hallows 9 (2000 - 2005)
David Hanson 5 (2005 - 2006)
Bryan Kirkwood 47 (29 during current run) (2006 - 2009, 2012 - present)
Lucy Allan 2 (2009 - 2010)
Paul Marquess 6 (2010 - 2011)
Gareth Phillips 3 (2011)
Emma Smithwick 1 (2011 - 2012)

There is also this as well.

Births:
Years 1 - 15 = 8
Years 16 - 19 = 11 (1 more on the way)
Difference: 3 more births 2011 - 2014 than 1995 - 2010

Marriages:
Years 1 - 15 = 23
Years 16 - 19 = 13
Differences: Only 10 less marriages 2011 - 2014 than 1995 - 2010

Deaths:
Years 1 - 15 = 46
Years 16 - 19 = 34
Differences: Only 8 less deaths 2011 - 2014 than 1995 - 2010

• Members

There have been a couple Debbie mentions lately, which surprises since it always seemed like Kirkwood had contempt for the character. In his November DS interview, he admits there will be a significant return in the coming months. Coincidence? It could just be Amy returning permanately since she shows up every few months anyway. Either way, I'll be on the lookout for any other mentions of past characters.