Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

I still don't think the show recovered from when Lucy Allen was fired and Paul Marquesess fired everybody and replaced them with such bland characters. I also feel that grim tone the show took has mostly been retained even with Kirkwood back. I hate that boring characters like Diane and Sinaed are now mainstays. When Kirkwood (and Lucy Allen) first wrote the show it has such great style and a balance of styles. You had your comedy, drama, big events and it all blended well. Now everything and everybody seems so miserable. I also feel like they struggle with young characters compared to the old days.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A new emo character is coming:

http://www.digitalspy.ca/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a598862/hollyoaks-to-introduce-new-teenage-regular.html#~oQRAKGhZWa9BSJ

So, not only are the new unnecessary McQueens going to be poor substitutes for the original creations, but now Kirkwood is blatantly bringing back one of my favourite characters in a new form. This just pisses me off, to be honest. The guy has been stealing from himself and classic EastEnder's plots his whole 2.0 run and now he's not even trying to hide the fact that he has completely lost any originality whatsoever.

• Members

George was one of the most ugly characters I've ever seen on a soap...second to Brendan really who I hope never returns.

This show is just so pointless sometimes. It's like every time they bring in a new character that has potential they have to turn that person into evil somehow. First Sonny...now this Cameron fellow. Can't anyone besides John Paul ever just be good or mostly good? Do they all have to do crazy unforgivable things that ruin any chance of having a stable relationship.

Poor Carmel can never catch a break. And I was really rooting for Cameron to be good so at least Peri could have her real father and not that sketch loser who was obsessed with John Paul for over a year.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

John Paul on the stand is just the most stupid pathetic thing I've ever seen. His behavior and decisions with were downright dumb and it wouldn't surprise me if Finn walked.

Yes what happened to John Paul was bad but 1) I still don't find the scenario believable and 2) It could have been easily avoided if John Paul had simply reported Finn just one time out of the 1,000 times he and Robbie were teasing/bullying him.

Sad about the changes coming to the McQueen family. Don't know how the show will feel like with those two....one minute Ste is fine and the next he's back on crack? I'm so confused by where they're going with this character. Is the plan for him to hit rock bottom and then have Brenden return?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Its amazing how John Paul persists on intruding in peoples lives that dont want anything to do with him. I hate him so much. He keeps saying he wants to move on and yet he keeps going around Diane...

This psychopath is hilarious...the way he shot down Cameron was priceless...

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Famed musician and original cast member, Alvin Stardust (72), has passed away. He portrayed Greg Andersen, the brother of Celia Osborne and the first landlord of The Dog in the Pond. After their daughter, Natasha, died from ingesting a spiked drink at a club, Greg and his wife Jane left town with their other daughter Sarah and sold the pub to Celia and Jack.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

It was great to see Amy again and sporting her long hair. Unfortunately, she looks poised to be killed off so Ste can have the kids permanently. That's just my speculation for now, but Kirkwood is predictable and kill happy more than even a US head scribe, so when it happens I'll never forgive him for it. I'll just fanwank that Amy and Josh have finally reunited and they're touring the world with Josh's band that includes Michaela, who has reunited with Zak.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

True story. He's absolutely gorgeous. Too bad I can't seem to find Hollyoaks on YT anymore like I used to. Haven't been able to keep up at all. In a way though that might be good cuz I'm worried what further damage they've done to some of my favorite relationships.

Has Leela found out about Ziggy and her sister? I believe they slept together in the elevator.

• Members

I watched a bit of this...John Paul magically decides to snort coke just at the time Ste had switched the resident new sleazy bisexual (as bi male characters on TV must always be sleazy)'s supply with cleaning powder?

I guess this gives Kieron Richardson yet another chance to do his favorite "I'm shocked, me" face. Again.

I saw someone saying this relationship is an "insult" to Stendan shippers. I guess because John Paul hasn't punched his lights out. Whatever lights are left.

Can't they just get rid of this character - hell, both characters - since they clearly have no use or interest for either of them, and both actors forgot to act years ago (if they ever could in the first place)?

Just bring in some generic Gay Times models, if C4 can afford them.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I still love the actors and characters, but I think a very necessary story should be why John Paul is so desperate for love that he stays with people like Ste and Craig, even though they constantly screw him over and break his heart. The only reason he isn't still with Craig is because Craig abandoned him. The only healthy relationship he's had was with Kieron (RIP!).