Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh I am the first one to appreciate storylines that resemble real dynamic between real people and "real" issues. But I don't think Santa Barbara lacked those either.
I just don't accept the criticism of SB's campiness at times. That's part of the charm of the genre for me, regardless of the show.

• Members

UGH, Tori. Hated her. From beginning to end. All she really existed as was a foil. Maybe had the writers not made her a rapist (Cruz) and drug-addicted shrew and gave her a bit more of a backbone, I could have warmed to her. As it was, though, I did not miss Kristen Meadows once she left the show.

• Members

Mason/Julia weren’t the plan but their baby contract scenes were a much more obvious build to a pairing for me than Mason and Tori were. I never bought the Tori/Mary comparison they were initially pushing and never got why Mason would have fallen for her. Of course, what little build they had died as soon as they actually got married which made it more baffling that they were the planned pairing. 

• Members

I would add that what really didn't make sense was Mason's explanation for claiming to be the father of Tori's baby was to help Eden and Cruz.  As if it was ever in keeping with the character of Mason that he would sacrifice his own happiness for Eden's?  I don't buy it for a minute...