Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Also, I was just thinking... Imagine drowning in options - I have absolutely everything - from Netflix to Hulu, from Amazon to Disney, from HBO Max to Peacock. Yet, I choose to rewatch an old soap from 35 years ago on YouTube. Is it just nostalgia or something else?

I have to say I find all the current soaps on the air unwatchable. And I have watched pretty much all of them at various times in the last 10-15 years. 

Once the current generation that watches them is gone, I can't see them staying on the air for much longer. I honestly don't know anybody under 30 who watches any of the current shows no matter how much they try to push the teen or young adult sets. The viewership is just not there, at least on the scale that it would take to keep them on the air.

Edited by Lex S
Grammar

• Members

It might be a bit of nostalgia. But, it's also quality. When the show was good, it was GREAT. We have great acting and great drama combined with comedy. It's okay to just have fun with life. And since it's a daytime drama, there is more character development than in a show that only has an hour a week, or 10 episodes a year.

• Members

Funny you should say that, because I just started watching season 2 of The Morning Show on Apple. It just seems so loud and overproduced compared to SB. Anytime now when I switch back from current TV to SB, it is like I'm in a different world, or in a different country even. I think it might have something to do with Covid as well.