Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Elena was written into a corner without any redemption possible,  nor any potential love interests. Her death brought Pamela back to town, and the casting of Pamela was one of the reasons cited by the Dobsons for their fight with the production which got them locked out of their offices. 

So, it marks the end of the line for the first rein of the Dobsons and a newfound creative period for the show. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I thought so too, Elena did have good potential I mean there's Sheila Carter still wreaking havoc for decades, Elena was certainly bad but I'm seeing that there was something behind her wrongdoings maybe with some help she could have redemption!

By the way who do you think was the worst Santana Andrade???? Just to avoid her

• Members

I feel sorry for the costumers on the 4th of July show. They managed to figure out how to get some shoulderpads on Gina's sheer dress. But they probably went bonkers with Sophia's shoulderless dress. Wonder if they tried just placing some pads on her bare shoulders. 

Please register in order to view this content

That red and white sundress is classic though

• Members

Does anybody know if either Marcy Walker or A Martinez were approached by other soaps or prime time to jump ship at the peak of their popularity and were there real threats to them jumping ship or were they pretty much untouchable as far as SB goes? 

I mean, yes, by 1991 the writing was on the wall that this couple is no longer secure but what about 3-4 years prior to that?

I have to tell you that my transition from Gina 1 to Gina 2 has gone pretty smoothly. By the end of Linda's tenure I started imagining her as Robin, even trying to picture what Robin's gesticulation and general acting would be and many of Linda's scenes. This is sort of a unique experience for me because usually I get caught off guard with an actor or actress changes, but in this case, after so many years of knowing, and rewatching this time around I was prepared much better!

Edited by Lex S
Spelling