Jump to content

Santa Barbara Discussion Thread


dm.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
2 hours ago, Marissa Gallant said:

Yeah, they really let Robin Wright play that "I've done lost my mind" angle. There is some truly awesome stuff!

We were discussing this recently, but I didn't get a chance to go back and watch the scene, so please remind me of some of the details.

1) Had Dylan been menacing Kelly prior to that evening?

2) Were Kelly's loved ones aware that Dylan was a threat?

3) Did Nick know that Dylan had nefarious intentions or did he think Kelly was to blame?

4)Was the audience aware of the fact that the murder was on video prior to Gina getting the tape?

5)Was there a plausible reason that the SBPD would not believe it was self-defense?

I'm trying to figure why Kelly needed to go on the run (except for the fact that Robin needed to be written out to film Princess Bride) when it was clear that she was not culpable in the crime?

Edited by j swift
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, j swift said:

We were discussing this recently, but I didn't get a chance to go back and watch the scene, so please remind me of some of the details.

1) Had Dylan been menacing Kelly prior to that evening?

2) Were Kelly's loved ones aware that Dylan was a threat?

3) Did Nick know that Dylan had nefarious intentions or did he think Kelly was to blame?

4)Was the audience aware of the fact that the murder was on video prior to Gina getting the tape?

5)Was there a plausible reason that the SBPD would not believe it was self-defense?

I'm trying to figure why Kelly needed to go on the run (except for the fact that Robin needed to be written out to film Princess Bride) when it was clear that she was not culpable in the crime?

1) yes, Dylan menaced Kelly for a while. He refused to take no for an answer and was quite delusional himself. He broke into her apartment several times and Justin chased him off.

2) CC, Nick, Mason, Sam and Sophia all told him to stay away from Kelly. But "our love is real and you are all twisting her mind."

3) Nick knew and felt no sympathy over Dylans death.

4 and 5) The SBPD and the audience knew the room was being taped. When Cruz moved Gina out, stopping the recorder was not the top priority. He was not certain if the tapes had stopped. No one on the force knew. Kind of a everyone thought someone else stopped it. The audience knew that Gina found Kelly, thought that Dylans gun belonged to Kelly and took the gun. Gina knew Kelly was bonkers. Gina remembered the tape, knew it would show Gina picking up the gun  and took the tape. Hailey knew Gina put a very important tape in a locker, but even though precious Aunt Gina stole Hayley's inheritance, Aunt Gina does no wrong and Hayley's kept her mouth shut.

The DA went over zealous. No one else thought Kelly was guilty. But Kelly kept saying she killed Peter, askimg why Joe wasn't visiting her, so the judge ordered her to the hospital. The hospital had a bad, bad doctor. By the time Kelly escaped, Keith was the DA, and hell bent on arresting Kelly. And that's how they wrote her out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Now that there are a few new people in here, I was going to say, before I forget, that if you haven't seen The Furies you may want to check it out. Dame Judith Anderson plays Barbara Stanwyck's stepmother (Stanwyck has severely dangerous daddy issues) - she isn't in it much, but every second she gives is superb. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Now that there are a few new people in here, I was going to say, before I forget, that if you haven't seen The Furies you may want to check it out. Dame Judith Anderson plays Barbara Stanwyck's stepmother (Stanwyck has severely dangerous daddy issues) - she isn't in it much, but every second she gives is superb. 

I loved her as Brick Pollitt's mother (and wife to Burl Ives' Big Daddy) in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. (Although it was the first movie I saw with Burl Ives. The only other exposure I had had to him up to that point was as the voice of Sam the Snowman in Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, so even knowing the film was a drama (and much different from the play - I just look at the movie as a different entity and love it, anyway!), I was half waiting for Mr. Ives to break out a ukulele and start singing, "Silver and Gold". LOL!)

Edited by Wendy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Now that there are a few new people in here, I was going to say, before I forget, that if you haven't seen The Furies you may want to check it out. Dame Judith Anderson plays Barbara Stanwyck's stepmother (Stanwyck has severely dangerous daddy issues) - she isn't in it much, but every second she gives is superb. 

My husband and I watched that last weekend. My money was always on Barbara Stanwyck. But Dame Judith was great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Unfortunately, Judith McConnell's movies are not as awesome as Judith Anderson's. Lol! Be careful who you Google. 

I really must say again how impressive Louise Sorel is in her scenes. The scenes where they are losing the house are phenomenal. And her subtle softening during Sophia's illness is very well done. Actually that whole storyline has great acting. Especially as CC is realizing something is happening to her, but she hasn't told him yet. 

That said, Sophia is having her Stupid Soap Opera Woman moment NOT letting her family about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Recycled plots: 1984, Sophia had an affair, fell off a boat, got amnesia and an inscrupulous man took her away from her children. 1986-Another World, Marissa LaSalle is actually Mary McKinnon who had an affair, got amnesia and an inscrupulous man took her away from her children. 

You know what plot was never, EVER stolen by another show? Yeah, that's right. A GIANT C FALLS OVER AND KILLS SOMEONE!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
21 minutes ago, Marissa Gallant said:

Recycled plots: 1984, Sophia had an affair, fell off a boat, got amnesia and an inscrupulous man took her away from her children. 1986-Another World, Marissa LaSalle is actually Mary McKinnon who had an affair, got amnesia and an inscrupulous man took her away from her children. 

You know what plot was never, EVER stolen by another show? Yeah, that's right. A GIANT C FALLS OVER AND KILLS SOMEONE!

 

Well Harley jane Kozak did ask the producer if her departure would be memorable and the answer was 'oh yeah'.

My mom quit watching when Mary was killed off...only coming back to see Kelly's Princess Bride inspired wedding to Jeffrey and staying until she had enough of the Sonny/Mason story.

She did check out how Eden would be written off..and she told me 'the show is toast now that Eden is gone'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Soaplovers said:

Well Harley jane Kozak did ask the producer if her departure would be memorable and the answer was 'oh yeah'.

My mom quit watching when Mary was killed off...only coming back to see Kelly's Princess Bride inspired wedding to Jeffrey and staying until she had enough of the Sonny/Mason story.

She did check out how Eden would be written off..and she told me 'the show is toast now that Eden is gone'.

I stayed through Mary's death. I liked her, but wasn't overly attached. I had a difficult time staying through CC and Sophia breaking up, but I managed. Sonny drove me away. I went back a couple of times. But I never stayed. I was there for CC hiring Michael Feinstein for New Year's (and promptly wore out his Isn't It Romantic cassette). And Mason and Julia's awesome wedding. I kind of remember a few Keith and Gina moments. But I tend to agree with your mom.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

When I was a teenager, the courtroom scenes bored the socks out of me. It didn't matter which show. It didn't even matter that it was Mason. I decided that maybe being a lawyer wasn't for me. Now, thirty years later, I am rewatching courtroom scenes. And: I'm still bored. And I still think being a lawyer isn't for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy