Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

So, I did not know this, but I just quickly Wikipedia-ed him, and apparently he was on Loving and Edge of Night just before it was canceled. I guess Santa Barbara lured him away from Edge? Going to search for some YouTube videos now as his acting was already pretty decent back in 1984.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So it took more digging than I thought it would but I found JAN on Edge 

https://youtu.be/-VebBI-Us-M

One thing for sure, he was on SB just a few months later and we never saw him in a turtleneck! 

His acting seems different here. I still maintain that he studied Nicolas Coster to appear more like his son which he accomplished so well, it really is a shame SB didn't use him properly. 

Edited by Lex S
Grammar

• Members

The mid-80s seemed to be a changing time for soaps. Santa Barbara and Loving began their runs and 2 legendary soaps ended - Edge of Night and Search for Tomorrow. I think the competition was fierce at this time, there were 12-14 soaps on the air.  From everything I've seen on the air in this time period, Santa Barbara was definitely the more modern of them all. The competition definitely caught up to it by the end of the decade

• Members

I can't help you with that one, but I've been wanting to learn to play "The Change in Me is You" on the piano. I've been looking for the sheet music all over the internet but I can't find it. I can play the first few notes though

Edited by Lex S
Grammar