Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ahh, you had me excited there for a few minutes and I thought Marcello is resurrected later to confirm, yet again, that he was indeed the shooter. 

I mean, even with the switch at birth, for what it's worth, Sophia was killing her son cuz that's what he was brought up to be. To be honest, I always had a hard time swallowing the fact Brick was the real Channing.

• Members

It certainly didn't matter to CC because he continued to consider Brandon his grandson despite the fact (a) Channing was switched at birth and (b) Lionel was Channing/Brick's actual biological father.  CC was as related to Brandon as he was to Amy's son Johnny (who got bupkis).

Edited by j swift

• Members

So, is Kirk Cranston to SB what Sheila is/was to Y&R/B&B?

I did know the character came back after his initial (longest) stay but I didn't realize he came back once more (after I stopped watching in 1989).  So, he came back a total of 3 times. This must be a SB record for a character return.  I don't actually know what happened to him after his final stay in town, so please don't tell me as I am planning on watching.  But then, again, they keep finding a way for Sheila to be back from the dead so many times, that it wouldn't surprise me that the TPTB would have found a way for him to come back again if the show continued past 1993. We know no one really dies in soaps!

• Members

I know Robert Newman took over from Joseph Bottoms at the very end of Kirk Cranston's intitial stay, but Joseph Bottoms must have really enjoyed the role if he agreed to return in subsequent years three more times! 

I did find him intriguing at the beginning, and I think it was a good way to appease those who would have missed the character of Jack Lee rather than finding a recast for Jack Lee.