Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

I actually really like Pearl. He's unusual and okay with that about himself. He also wants friends who like him for himself, not his money. He sees through the surface that people portray and sees into who they really are, then calls them on it. Someone here once said that Mason needed Mary to prepare him for Julia. I think Julia needed Pearl to prepare her for Mason. I mean they weren't lovers, but Pearl sort of made Julia face herself. And then, he let her know that herself was actually a good thing. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can’t believe they were planning on having Augusta fall for the man who raped Julia. I’m glad Louise Sorel refused to play that story but sorry if that was in fact the reason she was written off. Julia and Augusta had their prickly moments but no way would Augusta not believe Julia or do that. To make matters worse, Augusta was the only character who knew Julia and questioned whether it really happened. Everyone else believed Julia, even people like Gina who didn’t like her. It was just gross all around. 

• Members

I went full geek and joined an SB Facebook group. She occasionally posts there. She seems like a very kind lady. When you read interviews with the cast, most of them speak very highly of her. Although I read one interview with her that said she didn't see Vivian as a villian. So maybe not as kind.

Please register in order to view this content

Just joking, I truly think she is probably quite awrsome. 

• Members

Oh how I would wish for a proper Archive of American Television-style interview of Louise Sorel on her career. 
I'd even try to sneak in a question about her marriage to Herb "Stan" Edelman because that has always been one of my favorite tidbit of random three degree of separation.

• Members

The show really gives Mason some of the best lines. There are his one line zingers. But one I've really been thinking about was after Mary got married and he was going to marry Santana. And he tells Mary that if reincarnation is real, he is going to find her again because they've already wasted one lifetime. Whew! Did tptb really think we wouldn't fall for a character who said that? Or even the fact that he wanted Sophia at his wedding to Santana. I do think he wanted to try to make it work, but Santana was an idiot who didn't understand Mason. 

• Members

Don't get me started. I think LD/NLG STILL had great chemistry as Cameron and Alexis, but then the stupid fake DD crap and "Dobson" (UGH!) ruined everything.

I never read about Lane Davies saying that, but if he did, awesome! I do know GT raved about SB and Mason in many an interview.