Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Have you all seen this video on how a typical soap episode is made? It's from about a year before ATWT was canceled.

I gained some insights into how challenging this can be. ATWT was moved from its more expensive Manhattan studios to Brooklyn about 10 years before it was cancelled. I was struck by how small each room looks and how close the camera is to the actors. I feel like soaps filmed in California have much bigger studios and don't feel as cramped.

https://youtu.be/Tcy5b42fcPw

Wow, this is.. not good. I wonder if they were just going through the motions at this point since they had already known they had just been cancelled and wondering what's next for them

You can look for playlists of biggest songs of each year on Spotify or Apple music whichever one you subscribing to. I just recently went through all of the number ones from 1989 to 1991. I am going to continue

Edited by Lex S
Spelling

• Members

Winston Duke (Black Panther) was on Stephen Colbert last night and mentioned loving American soaps while growing up in Trinidad. He gave a shout out to SB and mentioned that Cruz was especially popular in Trinidad. Whenever anyone wore skintight jeans there, they were "Cruzing" themselves!!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I know Santa Barbara was on its last legs by this point (maybe cancellation was already a done deal), but this is still 100 times more luxurious set-wise than most soaps today! 

Also, I think Eileen Davidson and Charles Grant had a lot of chemistry. This is definitely swoony, romantic early-90s soapiness. I kind of love it!