Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Perhaps I misunderstood what I heard but I thought Julia becoming pregnant was intended to be the spoiler for Mason/Victoria, not Julia herself. I assumed that the original plan was for Mason/Victoria’s marriage to become real and then Victoria is thrown for a loop with the news that Mason is having a kid with someone else or he wants to hide it, etc. Even when the actual story played out, he didn’t want Victoria to know the truth until she figured it out for herself. I can’t recall the reason behind that

• Members

The rumor mill at the time also spun the theory that Kristen Meadows was supposed to have been a Janice recast as the original actress was written out by then. One of the mags had a "Look who's back!" headline and supposedly the bringing-back-Janice plans were scrapped and a new role was created for Kristen Meadows. I will see if I can dig up any more info, perhaps with an interview with her

• Members

That would have been nuts considering the supposed age difference between the characters, but nothing would surprise me. We never got any real insight on who Cassie's father was. Overall, I was a big Cassie fan and disappointed when they made her completely bonkers and wrote her out.

• Members

Yeah, but soaps aren't known for being good at Math. Sophia was a starlett in the late 60's. Then she became the stepmother to Marcello, who was a kid in the early 40's, who was angry at CC for something that happened in '44 at the latest. CC was an adult when that happened, at least 42 years ago. But CC and Lionel are supposed to be the same age- but only sometimes. And by the time Minx found the fountain of youth and became 30 some years younger, it simply no longer made sense.

Please register in order to view this content

And also, this is the only show where children didn't get sucked into weird Star Trek Time Vortexes where they go in as children and come out teenagers. 

• Members

Did the Brandon character stay on with the last portrayer until January 1993?  When did the practice of SORASing gain steam? I believe DAYS was the greatest abuser of this practice. Y&R SORASed the Newman children in the early 90s

Edited by Lex S
Grammar

• Members

If you remember/know, how did they work around the fact that she wasn't able to have any more children due to her fall in 1985? I guess the medical science always advances!

Edited by Lex S
Spelling

• Members

Brandon was gone most of the last year of the show and rumors they were planning on SORASing him but the show was cancelled before then. I don’t know how old but I could see them wanting to age him a few years because they had that whole college crew going on during that time whereas he was around 14 in 92 and there was no one his age to interact with.