Lost: Discussion Thread

• Members

I actually liked this Desmond episode! It had the good old LOST feeling.. because it was mysterious and intriguing.. I was confused... I liked it.. And I must say that before this episode, I didn't really care about Desmond.. but now I do.. sort of...

I'd hate to see Charlie die, but I don't have a problem with that.. maybe all of them will die by the end... maybe LOST will be the first show to kill all their characters by the end :lol:

Now, after watching 8 episodes of season 3, I must say that they should definitely go back to the camp and do stories there, because The Others story is not really that interesting to me.. those first six episodes were action packed, but I don't really need the ACTION on Lost.. I want mystery and intrigue.. the only things mysterious right now about Other to me is Juliet. But that's not even enough to keep me REALLY interested...

That being said, I hope we step away from Others for a while (or at least if we have to watch the Others, then at least reveal all, becuase it's tiring..)

I am wondering, since Desmond clearly changed the past (when he let that guy hit him instead of the bartender) how will it affect everything? Or was that just a memory of Desmond and he never really went back to the past, but he remembered that he could predict future even before the island! I actually think this other thing is more possible.. time travel wouldn't be that good IMO.

Anyways, I hope LOST goes back to mystery again and I hope to God they start revealing stuff.. cause people have certainly had enough of waiting..

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually liked Wednesday's episode. I'm not the biggest fan of Desmond, but that story intrigued me. And I don't really care for Charlie, so Desmond's prediction or whatever didn't really phase me. I wish we'd see more of Sun and Jin. Everytime we see them, I get a vibe that there's still something odd there. And where is Locke??

• Members

Talk about the critics all around being wrong, this show is not back. I'm tired of every episode leading to more and more questions with no answers to them at all. This show is gonna be over by next season if this keeps up, they better be pulling a monkey out of their @sses in the season finale, because this show is falling to rock bottom.

• Members

Eh and what was the point of this epsiode again? I really don't care about Jack's Party of Five tattoos. I don't really care if I ever see another Jack episode ever again. I just wanna see an epsiode that shows Sayid oozing sexiness. Or John giving that "Don't tell me what I can't do" thing he does. Or Charlie getting "sodding" high. Hell, watching Jin fish would of been so much better. I would take another Desmond episode over this episode. I am sick of seeing the same three characters over and over again.

To quote another messageboard I visit, "What did we learn in this episode? Jack Sh!t."

• Members

I really love Lost but it is sort of getting on my nerves. This season is so much better than Season 2 (well at least the first half) but there has been too much focus and emphasis on the same 4 characters : Jack, Sawyer, Juliet and Kate. All four of these characters are interesting (lesser extent on Kate) and bring something to the show but there are also other intriguing characters out there. Where are Sayid (my fave character), Sun, Jin, Hurley,Locke? Even characters like Charlie (who I'm not a fan of) and Claire (who is underused and kind of poiuntless) are nowhere in sight. The show has also lost its balance. Everytime an episode is about the Others, we only see the overused four for the entire episode and no one else. It can be quite annoying. And as much as Jack is an interesting and complex character, the writers have really overkilled him with the flashbacks. Since season 1, Claire has had two flashbacks, while Jack has had at least eight (maybe more). What this show needs is to answer a few questions, balance storylines a bit better and utilize its vast and intriguing characters. Season 1 was amazing and that's because it did all of this. It seems like Lost has sort of strayed from it focus and formula.

• Members

I'm still enjoying Lost, although there are so many new characters on the canvas now, I'm missing a lot of the *original* Losties. If there was a way to intertwine them all, I think it'd be much better. Who knows, maybe we'll still get that by the end of this season.

• Members

I hate to agree... but I do agree. I was so disappointed in this week's show that I re-watched last week's Desmond episode and honestly it's not as good as I remembered it. They're losing me, one of their most faithful viewers. A little bit would go a long way over the next few weeks. A little bit of Locke, who figured so prominently early on, would certainly help.

I can take Jack's backstory being overplayed but not this much, it leads nowhere. I'd like to see more of the "other" survivors instead of the OTHERS. Sawyer and Kate are beyond stale. Charlie was overplayed by the end of season one. Sayid is barely there.

Where is Danielle?

As you say, they'd better have something huge to bring to the table for the season finale or I might not be back. Hell, they could very well lose me before that. I'd hate to see a show with so much potential become the butt of jokes about its name and the viewers it LOST.

• Members

I guess I'm the minority here, on this one. I still like LOST, and despite the whole Kate/Jack/Sawyer thing at the start of this season, I've still been hooked. I would definitely love to see more of the original losties though. Seems like they have just been forgotten about. Hopefully we'll get more of them as the rest of the season moves on.

• Members

It saddens me so much that Lost is in the place it is right now. From my perspective, they went in the complete wrong direction with the fall mini-season. I used to like Jack, Sawyer, Kate, and Ben, but now I am so sick of them that I'd rather never see them again. And after waiting so long for the show to come back, we're stuck with them again. And Bai Ling. I hope they stick with the other characters--and the beach--through May, because this has been overkill at its worst.

Up until last fall's return, Lost had been my favorite show since the beginning. I certainly can't say that anymore.

• Members

I really enjoyed tonight's episode! It was nice to be able to laugh while watching LOST. I thought the whole episode was kind of lighthearted and ethereal. I am loving how Kate is so determined to find Jack. It's quite obvious to me that she loves Jack but doesn't feel worthy of someone like him. :wub:

• Members

What a fun, light-hearted episode, exactly what I needed! It was great to see so many of the characters that haven't been on in

ages.

I enjoyed the previews for next weeks show too with Kate & crew trying to find Jack and Patchy making a recurrance. :)

Archived