Lost: Discussion Thread

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
THE LIFE OF ONE OF "THE OTHERS" RESTS IN JACK'S HANDS,
ON THE RETURN OF ABC'S "LOST"

Awarded the 2005 Emmy and 2006 Golden Globe for best drama series, "Lost" returns for the second act of its third season of action-packed mystery and adventure -- that will continue to bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost -- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. But they discovered that the island holds many secrets, including a mysterious smoke monster, polar bears, a strange French woman and another group of island residents known as "The Others." The survivors have also found signs of those who came to the island before them, including a 19th century sailing ship called The Black Rock, the remains of an ancient statue, as well as bunkers belonging to the Dharma Initiative -- a group of scientific researchers who inhabited the island in the recent past.

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 70-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets.

In the return episode, "Not in Portland," Jack is in command as the fate of Ben's life literally rests in his hands. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer find an ally in one of "The Others," and Juliet makes a shocking decision that could endanger her standing with her people.

"Not in Portland" was written by Carlton Cuse & Jeff Pinkner and directed by Stephen Williams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm ready, but cautious about being let-down.

I read on another board that Canadian viewers are getting to see it a few hours earlier. To me that means either there is nothing to scoop - no twists or revelations - or the ANC network doesn't have much confidence in its return

Still, it's one of my favorite shows and I'll stick with it until the end.

• Members

I'm also cautious. I LOVE Lost. It's one of my favorite shows EVER. But the last 6 episodes dissapointed me big time. The whole 16 episodes in a row thing doesn't even come across as a storyline strategy but moreso a promotional strategy for ABC. The interviews have not hinted on a change either. But I'll be watching.

• Members

Yesterdays episode was so boring, I thought TVguide, who is usually reliable, said lost was back or maybe its just too soon. I had already suspected when Juliet was first introduced that she more than likely was there against her will. It was just a very pointless episode, and her ex-husband getting hit by a bus, its happened like so many times it was too cliche. How many times are they going to have an episode where kate/sawyer run, anybody for that matter. JJ Abrams is ruining this show just like he did Alias. If last nights episode is an indicator of whats to come, this show is gonna be gone season 5 or sooner.

• Members

Part of the problem was the pre-show and all those scenes from season one. It just reminded me how great it was then and how much it's deteriorated since, especially since the beginning of season three. Last night's episode picked up a little for the last half --- when they found the kid in the brainwash room ---- but not enough. And ITA about the bus. I could see it coming miles away.

I will stick with it though.

• Members
I have to agree it picked up a bit when they found Carl in the brain washing room. I am so ready to see the rest of the Islanders. I am sick of Jack, Kate and Sawyer. And Carl is as good as dead. Nobody ever stays alive other than the main cast. B)

And what is up with all these Deadwood cast members being cast in for these guest starring roles? HBO was so stupid in cancelling that show. Paula Malcomson played Colleen, Danny's Girlfirend on Lost was a Prostitute On Deadwood. Kim Dicken's is Sawyer's BabyMama on Lost Played another Prostitute on DW. Powers Booth played a pimp on DW and is the the guy with the eye patch on the video screen on LOST. And the woman who played Rachel, Juliette's sister, was Calamity Jane on DeadWood. Next thing you know, Ian McShane will play Jacob on LOST. :D

Hmm since nothing is unintentional on this show... Juliett's sister's name was Rachel and in the bible Rachel is married to Jacob. I don't know if you guys paid attention to the brainwashing screen but at one point it flashed up a screen saying, god loves you because he loves Jacob. So taking a wild guess, Jacob is the main leader above Ben, I think. Oh this show drives me nuts at things it implies. :D

• Members

I also thought last night's show was kinda boring. It seems like Kate and Sawyer are doing the same thing over and over. I want to see some other people besides Jack, Sawyer, and Kate. It looks like that next week might focus back on the rest of the survivors.

• Members

WOW this show has burnt a lot of its fanbase, and rightfully so. IA with all of those that said the show wasn't as hot as it wanted to be. A lot of the same thing, nothing new, more brainwashing and I absolutely DESPISE this focus on three core characters. I despise it. JJ Abrams himself said LOST was an ENSEMBLE and that is why it worked. Right now it appears that the show is trying to build a foundation NOT on the core characters as if to continue without them (there was also a recent interview where they said the show will continue, even if it is now with these characters!!). I'm dissapointed but I am not giving up yet. I also hate ABC's tactic, which has failed miserable (the ratings for this show were well below the season's average according to Zap2it.com, 8.5, those are HEROES styled numbers, not LOST's). http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-ratin...tings-headlines

I fell asleep before the darned end of the show!!

• Members

I think after Lost gets cancelled, because it will if things don't improve soon, the show went from about 17 million viewers last season to now 8.5 million viewers. If I was abc I would ditch JJ abrams he does not know how to write for a tv show, he doesn't know what he's doing, his shows all reap the same fate after their respective 2nd season's, felicity tanked after season 2, alias tanked after season 2, Six degrees tanked because of its bad lost concept(show only lasted like 5 episodes), and lost has just tanked since season 2. I will still watch because maybe there is some truth to the show being back, but last nights episode was not an indication of that.

• Members

J. J. Abrams is not involved in the stories for the show. Although he has an executive producer credit, he more of a creative or executive consultant. He didn't like Lieber's idead att all when first presented if you remember...

It's Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse who are responsible for the stories, Lindelof being more involved with storytelling and Cuse with daily preparations for running the show.

Archived