Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

DAYS: August Discussion Thread

Days of Our Lives

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#21 DynamiteKiddo

DynamiteKiddo

Recurring

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

Anyone remember when Marlena and Kate were really good friends? LOL

#22 RavenWhitney

RavenWhitney

Contract

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Marlene McPherson @MarleneMcP
I keep getting ? about "Daysaster" Yes that is all Darrell/my story.Our final episodes end next week. New writers had nothing to do with it

Marlene: you go girl....New tweet today...I guess we have one more week of MarDar junk

#23 thelma42

thelma42

Recurring

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Marlene McPherson @MarleneMcP
I keep getting ? about "Daysaster" Yes that is all Darrell/my story.Our final episodes end next week. New writers had nothing to do with it

Marlene: you go girl....New tweet today...I guess we have one more week of MarDar junk

Well, I guess that explained the mess we watched today.

#24 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,577 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I couldn't get that into it because the Sami/EJ scenes ruined the mood for me. Nice to see Sami wanting to abandon her children to go on the run with EJ. And EJ was called a "hero" which made me want to vomit. Was is this, Guza's GH? Where the bad guys are considered heroes? Come on!

#25 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,093 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

I couldn't get that into it because the Sami/EJ scenes ruined the mood for me. Nice to see Sami wanting to abandon her children to go on the run with EJ. And EJ was called a "hero" which made me want to vomit. Was is this, Guza's GH? Where the bad guys are considered heroes? Come on!

You could certainly tell MarDar were still writing.

Where were Will's righteous, enraged lectures about Sami being a terrible mother?

#26 AllMyDaysatGH

AllMyDaysatGH

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 10,315 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Weren't Roman and Lucas & those officers in the warehouse w/Sami and EJ before the explosion? How did they get to the pub? Seemed like an excuse to leave just Sami & EJ in the warehouse so Ej could be her savior. Those scenes seemed really dumb. They sure milked Sami slipping from EJ's grip for all it was worth (and more)

What in the world was Chandler doing...LOL. Seriously. He was still smiling, smirking & looking drunkenly star struck in the midst of all that chaos. Barely showed any emotion for Lucas or the rest of his battered up family. What a mess!

I LOVED Molly Burnett's performance. I'm glad she didn't go into total hysterics, it was weirdly in character for her to sort of be silly in that situation. I like that we got some romance (w/John & Marlena) and light comedy (w/Melanie & Brady) moments in the episode.

Best performance so far goes to Lauren Koslow. She didn't even have to speak. Also, Matt Ashford Posted Image

Madison Posted Image I'll miss SJB!

#27 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

That was a terrible episode. Allison Sweeney and Chandler were both awful. The whole EJ, Sami, Will family crap is just annoying and how many times did they flash on EJ hanging onto Sami. I was wishing he'd drop her. I'm sorry they as a couple or family unit just don't interest me in the least.

Matt Ashford was the only high point. I thought he was exceptional today

The Madison/Ian scenes were laughable and not the least bit poignant.

I am beginning to think Ron Moss is Oscar caliber compared to most of the rest.

Edited by JaneAusten, 13 August 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#28 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,235 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Not mentioned but I also thought it was dumb how they had Kayla turn the Pub into a makeshift clinic

Now all of a sudden Ian loves Madison and was only using Kate for the Dimera money? Doesnt even make sense and smells of a rewrite.

Why did Sami need to go on the run with EJ? Doesnt she have 3 young kids at home to raise?

Posted Image

Edited by Cheap21, 13 August 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#29 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,577 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Not mentioned but I also thought it was dumb how they had Kayla turn the Pub into a makeshift clinic

That made sense to me because the roads to the hospital were blocked.

Now all of a sudden Ian loves Madison and was only using Kate for the Dimera money? Doesnt even make sense and smells of a rewrite.

Agreed.

#30 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,844 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

From Sami's screaming the whole episode to Will coming to the rescue to help out his screct gay lover to seeing the whore slut that is MR was too much for me...awful awful awful episode......I cant stand to see the sight of Melissa Reeves face.

#31 Dr Neil Curtis

Dr Neil Curtis

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

Enjoyed Today's episode. poor Melissa Reeves she never going live down her affair nor eating a chicken sandwich.

#32 DaytimeFan

DaytimeFan

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Enjoyed Today's episode. poor Melissa Reeves she never going live down her affair nor eating a chicken sandwich.

You're right. She won't. Ever. Nor should she.

Edited by DaytimeFan, 13 August 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#33 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,235 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

They should kill Jennifer off by having her eat a poisoned chicken sandwich. How's that for choking on one's words!

#34 Dr Neil Curtis

Dr Neil Curtis

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

You're right. She won't. Ever. Nor should she.

she should??..... wow not going touch that one. leaving that up to higher power. Pray that she will be fine be on days a few more years.

Edited by Dr Neil Curtis, 13 August 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#35 Shawn

Shawn

Proud Days Fan 1987-Present

• Members
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

This is the recap thread, and not the MR thread right? Just checking.

#36 AlexElizabeth

AlexElizabeth

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

I just watched today's episode and the only thing I didn't like was EJ/Sami. Him trying to pull her to safety for an entire episode was not entertaining.

#37 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 54,093 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

This is the recap thread, and not the MR thread right? Just checking.

I guess it tells you the quality of the episode.

#38 Skin

Skin

I will remember the real Babe, the ideal flawed good girl

• Members
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

IB is hamming it up man.

#39 Soapsuds

Soapsuds

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 23,844 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Seriously Sami's shrieking had me turn down the volume today. And Will has that much strength(I know the actor is built) to pull both his bf and Sami up?? Sami vowing to let her go and for EJ to save himself was pukeworthy. The way Will got up to the upper part of the warehouse without it collapsing was mind boggling as well. And then to have Mrs. Whore yelling to her husband to do something to save their daugher.....I thought um bitch why dont you move your ass and do something too!

#40 gtru1981

gtru1981

Contract

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

Well, I guess that explained the mess we watched today.

Of course we are still going to still see their crap on screen! The show can't just do a complete 180 on us. But we have seen a lot of rewrites, like Will being nice to his mother, Ian in love with Madison and using Kate. It takes time, but we will see changes soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Days of Our Lives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users