GENERAL HOSPITAL September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was convinced Montague was going to drug either Cody or Sasha (or both). Of course, this latest development/plot point means no-one will listen to them when they plead their case.

And as I’ve said before, I still think Gladys may extricate herself from trouble, leaving Montague to carry the whole can.

• Members

Shut up, Portia.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but Cody actually is starting to grow on me lol I'm actually interested by him and Sasha going on the run.

GH, in general, does seem to be stuck in a rut though. Hopefully, they go all out for sweeps again. I got a few ideas in my mind lol

• Members

HP caused two accidents that Day. The second which seriously injured the driver in the other car. HP only cared about her expensive shirt getting messed up.

HP needs rehab and maybe a prison stay. I dont care if NLG & MB like HP, she shouldnt be  back at GH. That time has sailed.

• Members

As it happens I agree with you & I will go you one further. She lied by omission to Frank, calling & telling him she'd had an "accident" & broken bones & had to be in casts & on crutches, etc. but NOT mentioning the DUI, the arrest, the Blood Alcohol level. Frank & whomever else learned about that part of her evening when the story broke in the news, which was apx. 3 weeks & some days after the (1) hit-and-run and (2) head-on collision. I was told that the divider there is about 2 feet high so she jumped that presumably. I figure that car was going very fast & was wildly out of control. She easily could have killed someone. It makes me ill to think about it. 

And, NLG has a distinct reputation on Twitter. She is very aggressively critical, so this "different" stance is glaring. 

• Members

Obviously if Haley Pullos is in prison, then she can't be on the show, but if she's available and is likely to avoid a jail sentence, then let the girl work!  Having her be productive, busy and working as an actor helps her pay restitution to her victim(s), too, and keeps her out of trouble.

What are you talking about with KDP?  Didn't Blair Cramer already show up in Port Charles?  I'd rather Dorian Cramer or her daughter Cassie make an appearance instead of Blair.  Major bummer if Susan Lucci declined to make a surprise cameo on GH, especially after Walt Wiley did so well playing opposite Lucy & Felicia.  If they're trying to develop that Pine Valley primetime spin off, it helps to keep these AMC characters alive on GH.  If La Lucci won't appear, then maybe they can pivot to having Opal Gardner being Tracy's partner-in-crime.

Please register in order to view this content

Portia tearing into Anna today is another example of why Portia is the second most annoying female character on this show (after that arrogant Diane dingbat).  I don't understand how/why the writers can stomach writing for these sanctimonious, whiny, unlikable characters.  Curtis needs to finally dump this loser.

• Members

Well, those 3 weeks & a day or two went by & she didn't go in the direction of rehab. Then, TMZ broke the story & that next day she went to a spa-like rehab. I believe she was there for 28 days. I figure she went on advice of counsel. If not, why didn't she go the day after the wreck? Why wait 3 weeks? I just think she should never work at GH again. If she cleans up her act & is held accountable & has paid restitution, sure I think she should have the chance to get hired by someone again, just not GH

Like I said I am trying to find out if there is any truth to the rumor that Lucci was first choice but declined. Then I reflected on KDP being second choice to Lucci, if that is true. That is all. But, I think primetime AMC reboot is dead & will not be brought back to life. 

I have Gladys in that #1 spot. Portia is a huge disappointment. 

• Members

Haley Pullos and Molly isn't a hill I am willing to die on or anything.  She did some awful things.  It just seems like other troubled soap stars with addiction struggles on this board get a lot more grace from some posters.  I think you can feel bad for the actual victims and also hope that Haley gets it together so she doesn't hurt herself or anyone else again.   Hoping she never works again and lives under a bridge so she can't afford a tall boy of beer seems counterproductive.

• Members

I didn't really intend to stir up the whole shebang "Haley Pullos irresponsible at 24" debate. All I really meant to do was introduce the fact that NLG is still advocating for them to let her come back. The only other thing I will note is that Tyler Christopher has not been given a second chance, at least not so far. 

• Members

Tyler doesn't seem physically capable of taking a soap role at this point otherwise I suspect he would have been given another shot.   And reading between the lines of Tyler's own words he was given several chances from GH and Days we just didn't hear about it.  Tyler's struggles have gone on behind the scenes for years and he still hasn't conquered his demons.  I hope one day TC is healthy enough to return to GH, but I think Tyler is truly unemployable at this point.  I don't think he's actually blacklisted from soap work or anything.