GENERAL HOSPITAL September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
  • "Your lollipop licking cousin." Maura West delivered that line as if speaking for the audience, and that is brilliant.
  • So, this nobody prison warden is part of the Pikeman dealings? And is working for Cyrus Renault? Holy [!@#$%^&*]. These writers are brilliant. But, I wish someone like Alcazar were behind this. But Cyrus can/will be redeemed if he offs Mason and his lollipop licking ass.
  • Spencer & Trina do nothing for me. Sorry, but they do not.
  • These writers are giving Ava Jerome her TEETH back, and you can tell in how West is delivering her lines. It's brilliant.
  • Maurice Benard's son can go, please. I'm totally not into him being on the canvas.
  • No. Do not open the pool. That thing is DEADLY. You would think Olivia, out of everyone, would want the pool closed.
  • Upon debut, Cameron Mathison impressed me as Drew Cain... then they shaved his face, made him Ryan Lavery in Port Charles, and put him with Carly, with whom he barely was connected to once Jason Morgan returned to Port Charles.
  • West is supreme, and I am thankful this regime is giving her some meat to sink her teeth into, despite having to carry others around her. But Ava should be more frontburning, than supporting.
  • Yep. Just as I called it, Olivia is falling for Eddie; Lois will come back and interrupt that. Ned will come back, and she won't want him anymore. She'll want Eddie back. This is a mess.
  • The warden looks so fricken familiar... but I cannot put my finger on it.
  • Glad the truth is finally being told to Sasha... it was about time she was told. And let's hope it results in Gladys' downfall.
  • Good on Trina for valuing education, and not allowing Spencer to pull her away.
  • So, Tracy does NOT know Blair? Interesting!
  • Carly being so smug. Ew.

• Members

To me, Sprina was magical for a while. Lots of angst, lots of yearning romance, lots of chemistry. The writers RUINED all of that.

This is one of the worst decisions a soap has made about a young couple in years. I understand drama and conflict, but the story has basically put Spencer and Trina is different stories and different worlds, eliminating almost every chance for us to see that chemistry.

Instead we get Esme carrying around Amazon Baby Ace and Spence turning over his life to them. What a waste.

• Members

Point taken! I predict there's gonna be another Molly & we're gonna like this one. What the heck are we gonna call her, though? PneuMolly? NextMolly? GotItRightFinallyMolly? ThanksFrankMolly? Yeah, I will have to eat my hat if we call her Haley. I know! Summer is finally done, right? FallMolly! 

I was told two conflicting things that may be of interest. 1. Nicholas was supposed to be gone doing that movie & that movie schedule changed & they had to write him back into story. (And we can all say how lousy they did that job.)  2. No way was that movie ready to shoot. 

• Members

"Sex takes things to a new level," says the one who puts out more than a buffet does. 

Please register in order to view this content

Seriously, she just needs to leave Trina alone.

And as much as I tire of Frank not letting go of OLTL, I'll admit that it was nice seeing Blair again and to find out what she's been up to since 2012-2013. 

• Members

Crossposting, hooray!

Just to be needlessly anal: For the sake of audience exposition, Tracy seems to be unaware of who the Cramers are, which in terms of ABC Daytime soap continuity, where characters always kept up on this kind of stuff (pre-lawsuit), I have a hard time buying. Tracy is a shark. She would know about Dorian Lord and the other power players in Llanview as a matter of principle, and she also used to have a less than above-board business relationship with Llanview's own Marco Dane when Gerald Anthony crossed over in the '90s; she would've looked into him too. She also researched everywhere Rae Cummings had ever been when planning to take her and Skye down when she came back to the Quartermaine family fold in 2003 (a task she quickly accomplished, clearly with great relish by Guza whose writing made it eminently clear he could not stand the crossover). I'll just pretend Tracy was dummying up for her own cards-to-the-vest purposes.

She also would know Starr, Michael's college sweetheart, but I would hardly blame Tracy for forgetting Michael's one other live girlfriend exists.

In any event it's nice to see Blair even if the GH fans don't deserve to be put through all this. I have no need for KDP to share scenes with Roger Howarth's latest failed character though. I can't stand the cutesy stuff with Howarth and Patrick Gibbons as is, and making Blair and Franco share scenes would've been even worse than Austin tbh.

Edited by Vee