Days: Rumor of yet another character switcheroo for existing actor...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was thinking the same. Excepting the GH fixation with the OLTL 2, it's exactly like DS which would regularly bring back actors in the exact same era/timeline.

And I know exactly who SourceRyan used to be before his rebrand on another site. We've all seen people come and go. But I wasn't aware it was any big secret. I don't believe he's been active here in ages though, unless he has some new alias.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Blame it on my eternal optimism (cue the Karen MacKenzie Pollyanna monologue), but the positive here is that there's hardly been any scenes between Gwen and Brady, so we don't know their chemistry.  EOB and EM could have a sparkling rapport.

And, the return of Tate makes the custody of Rachel seem more logical.  My question has been why is Brady fighting so hard for one kid (who's kind of bratty), while forgetting his other kid?

Also, I assume getting Gwen out of the way means that The Spectator will revert to Jack and Jen, which is good.

The odd lingering issue for me is the Gwen and Xander relationship.  It seems so odd that Xander and Gwen were put together twice as a couple, and then immediately torn apart.  I think a Gwen/Rex/Sarah/Xander quad makes more sense that Xander and Chloe.  So, I wonder why the writers were never invested in that couple?

Edited by j swift

• Members

It really has. It can be so cringey at times. 

One thought about this awful trend of re-using the same actors in different roles:  I also feel like this is the show's cheap copout to having viewers get used to a new face in a recast role. Instead, we're already familiar with the actor, so it's just a matter of us adjusting our brains to think of them in a different role where their character interacts with a different branch of other characters.

It's obnoxious. I blame Josh Taylor. LOL (kidding, but you know what I mean...) 

• Members

The turning of Ben, the serial killer, into a romantic lead was one of the things that initially caused my viewership to drop. It was just too much. So, I can understand why they switched him to Alex, but after playing a serial killer/hero for so long, that's all I saw when played Alex.

I liked a lot of RC's writing the first few years as I do believe he really loves the genre, but I think for the show to continue into the future it needs a good reboot.  Cut back on the constant coming back from the dead, sci-fi Dr. Rolf, so so so many Dimeras, and give us more stories with actual character development that have some sort of heart. No more mask wearing to cause conflict - PLEASE!!

• Members

IF this is true, I will quit watching this  S&#@  Show.  Emily O'Brien is a good actress, but hate Gwen with a passion, she should've been written off long ago instead of Jack, Jenn, Abigail etc. Rob Wilson is afaili as Alex, and they keep him for his looks, I guess.  I thought he was good at times as Ben, and when he played Pete Cortlandt on AMC but Alex is a terrible character and Rob's acting has dropped a lot!

• Members

The moment Sheri Anderson left as creative consultant is the moment Ron Carlivati went off-the-rails again; when he re-signed in February 2019, that's when she announced she had exited, as well. Possible that she didn't want to work with Carlivati anymore? I would not blame her. Unfortunately, so long as Ken Corday has any kind of involvement, nothing is going to change. I mean, he wasn't even the one who wanted Albert Alarr gone... instead, he gave him a slap on the damn wrist.