Days: Rumor of yet another character switcheroo for existing actor...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know what caused the re-cast, I suspect it is a mix of availability and current contractual obligations.  But, the latest that I read is that it happens on a plane.  Jen gets on the plane, and when it lands, Emily gets off (which I'll admit is an amusing idea).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Exclusive: Jen Lilley’s Return to Days of Our Lives as Theresa Takes a Jaw-Dropping Twist

Essentially:

• Jen Lilley contacted Days of Our Lives in March about returning; they wanted twelve weeks and she only could guarantee three-to-four weeks of shooting, due to her other contractual deals and family life.
  • Wrote an email to Marnie Saitta (via her reps) explaining she wanted to do Theresa and was willing to talk to a recast if they chose to recast; was appreciating doing Days of Our Lives after her awful experience (via "fans") at General Hospital as a recast.
  • Told Lilley they would shoot the twelve-weeks of planned material in her three-to-four week timeframe.
  • Everyone declined her belief they had recast the role.
  • Asked if they recast; she was told to go to Saitta.
  • Went to [redacted former co-executive producer]'s office, and was told storyline was still happening, but with a different Theresa.
  • Was willing to cut and dye her hair brunette; was told to dye her hair "blonder," despite her recast being brunette (Emily O'Brien), and was told O'Brien had known for three weeks she'd be playing Theresa, despite Lilley being on-set for two of those weeks, and passing O'Brien in the hallway.
  • O'Brien told Lilley she did not want to play Theresa because she was everything she wasn't, and that she was just informed she'd be recast into the role.
  • Claims cast were mad at the recast situation, as they are all informed Lilley would be there for the three-to-four weeks to shoot twelve weeks of material.
  • Despite the poor handling of the situation, Lilley is still grateful to have been able to go back and honour John Aniston.
  • Out of the four weeks she set aside to film, she only filmed two weeks and one day.
  • Claims [redacted former co-executive producer] was always kind to her. 

Please register in order to view this content

• She was told her replacement was only finishing off those twelve-weeks worth of scripts (which she nor her agent thought were fully written at that point], but that she will always be Theresa.
  • Says she and Kirsten Storms are cool "behind the scenes".

My guess is Friday, considering she taped one word her first day back (Friday cliffhanger), and based on the f**k up on today's episode, she's back at the end of Friday and spends most of NEXT Monday in scenes.

• 1 month later...