Y&R December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Seeing Danny, Daniel and Phyliss again is so nostalgic but the writing for them is terrible.

Why is Cricket so pissed at seeing a Danny pic? The flashbacks are great!

I'm just not even bothering with them. I have ff all their scenes.

Why is Josh Griffith still HW?  There are so many problems with his writing.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Prolly pissed at seeing him *with Phyllis*  and also the instagram post she's viewing says Danny is back in town .. and Cricket is conflicted because she loved him so much and there was so much sorrow when they broke up.  She wants to see him.  I think she's angsty mostly.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Ah I can see it now….

Lauren and Christine are at Crimson Lights as they talk about what a wonderful man Paul was in past tense. Michael arrives and asks why the two ladies look so grim…Christine smiles and reminds Michael it’s the one year anniversary of Paul’s death. Victor & Nikki arrive and give Christine their sympathies as they remember what day it is as Nikki talks about how much she misses Paul. Sharon and Chance talk about how they miss Paul and how his and Rey’s back to back deaths have made it difficult. Sharon casually mentions Patty had a fatal overdose after hearing the news of Paul’s death. Abby overhears this and later shared with Devon that she feels bad she didn’t know about Paul’s death or that Chance was struggling with it too. 

• Members

Ouch about that idea about Paul, lol. 
They could just say that Patty began to show the slightest bit of progress with her mental health and Paul became obsessed with “fixing” Patty and going to the facility every moment he could get, which caused a rift in their marriage and they are now legally separated. And he has subsequently moved to be closer to Patty.

• Members

lol.  It'd be pretty heartless, but an ideal way to explain where Paul has been lately.  Dead. 

Bell & Alden retconned a whole story for Carl Williams around 1998 -- "Back when Carl was presumed dead ..."  (And for the past 7 or 8 years, we'd been thinking he was upstairs asleep!)

Then Sally Sussman retconned a long, sad death for Mary Williams.  Jack Abbott:  "Paul, you remember how it was in Mary's later years -- God rest her soul!"  (And all that time, I'd been thinking she was visiting the Vatican with her church group.)

Patty popped-up crazy as a loon, after disappearing in 1984 (?) perfectly adjusted, but slightly annoyed with Danny for hauling off & marrying Traci Abbott.  

They definitely don't mind surprising us when it comes to the Williams family.  

• Members

How far are they going to go with this?

Has Lauralee Bell decided to make more than her few appearances every few months?

How long is Michael Damian around?

If this is just going to be a few episodes, Christine can just say Paul is out of town on business. Wasn't that what Paul said a few times in the past to explain Christine not being around?

• Members

It’s crazy that GH can dedicate an entire episode to someone who hadn’t been a regular character in 30 years (Sean Donnelly) but Y&R just casually kills off longstanding characters with a single sentence. It’s weird!

I don’t even like Paul but it would be pretty upsetting if they killed him offscreen.

• Members

Yeah, Paul was such a huge character on Y&R for the entirety of my viewership (since around 1990-91) until recently. Granted, they’ve already done a great job disposing of him, but he’s not like Keemo, as insulting and unnecessary as Keemo’s off-screen death was. It would be particularly egregious to kill Paul off to accommodate two characters we rarely see (Danny and Christine).

Edited by Faulkner