Y&R December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Michael Damian on American Bandstand 1981

Michael Damian on American Bandstand 1986.

He introduces here his real-life siblings who are his band.  They are the same band that are in the old video posted today on the Y&R facebook page.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dare I say I saw some really nice chemistry between TSJ and Sharon Case. I really hate that Tucker was such a scumbag when SN played him that it really makes none of the women viable love interests. And they had a chance with TSJ’s Tucker but he’s literally trying to woo Ashley while screwing his partner in crime.

• Members

12-20

I am literally hollering at Tucker getting caught with his pants down by Ashley. AGAIN. That's how she found out he was cheating on her with Diane. The irony.

That said...I live for Jack vs Ashley scenes. ED really comes alive when she's sparring with PB and it shows. And she looked breathtaking doing it. 

And I have to agree with who said it above. TSJ and SC do have a bit of chemistry as they were talking about their past. I had forgotten about the wedding between them when SC was at the height of her Crazy Sharon days. 

Are they really about to do Adam/Chelesa/Billy? That's as bad as them putting Audra where Imani should be with Nate. 

• Members

Friday had to be the worst (and cheapest) Christmas episode ever! They ended the 22nd with Danny showing up at Daniel's door, but then didn't show that at all on Friday. Sharon, Nick, Noah, Mariah and Tessa go to the nightclub for Christmas Eve, where Tessa and Mariah tell the family how they got a special hotel room for Christmas (of course, because they have no home). Then they wake up at the hotel and look out the window and say there is so much snow. There is no snow. There was fake snow on the window Thursday, but I guess they ran out of budget for fake snow. Then they go to the coffeehouse where it's just them and Sharon. A random girl comes in and what a coincidence, she's pregnant. She's a young single mom, so of course everyone is looking at her like the wheels are turning in their heads all "why don't you just give us your baby then?" Surprisingly they don't go that route, which is the only good thing I can say. But it was all a dream! And in the end, the actual potential birth mother texted them a sonogram, which we of course didn't see. So another storyline being told over text. Thrilling.

I wonder if they paid out episode guarantees for the actors who said Merry Christmas...

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I thought after the disaster that was Thanksgiving 2021 with the show would finally end these ridiculous pointless dream/fantasy episodes.

But indeed Friday’s episode was a boring lump of coal that wasn’t necessary at all or needed. It would have been a lot more interesting had we seen everyone’s Christmas parties with Mariah and Tessa making a big Christmas miracle coming true announcement at the end. 

A tragic waste of time for the cast, production, and us the viewers.

• Members

Caught up with YR and watched Thursday episode. I just love Diane and it was nice seeing Danny again. It was a great cliffhanger.

Then on Friday I expected the Danny cliffhanger from Thursday and more Diane instead we get such an awful episode that truly sucked!! Talk about losing any momentum from the previous episodes. Friday's show was utter garbage!!

On to the previews which were so badly edited. It looked like an amateur did it.

Btw the cabin Diane is hiding at....isn't it the old Rawlins house where Cassandra lived that was Brad's place before that?

• Members

Yikes at Friday's episode. It's further proof the CG is being wasted tied to Teriah.

If Y&R was bold, they'd explore Daniel/Mariah. MG/CG had chemistry back in the day. It'd be interesting because Daniel's drinking lead to Cassie's choice and death, denying Mariah the chance to meet her sister. There's so much history to be mined. Not to mention Sharon/Phyllis/Summer in the mix with Kyle thrown in - another avenue for Mariah.

• Members

Breaking my Y&R “fast”, I tuned in to see the Danny Romalotti return and I also was expecting to see a continuation of that story the next day. It was weird that they left it hanging that way, with Daniel and Danny embracing on the threshold of Daniel’s door. To choose Christmas to present an episode where a joint dream occurs, featuring a character from out of the blue was just bizarre to me.

Since I haven’t watched B&B in ages, this was the first time that I had truly seen Courtney Hope and she was truly good, especially in her monologue describing her childhood and the environment in which she grew up. Unfortunately, I don’t see any romantic chemistry between Sally and Nick and the dialogue between them was stilted. Although the dialogue between most of the characters was stilted, that’s a writing problem and an unfortunate one at that.

I had mentioned this too, sometime ago and I got the sense that not many people were interested, but I had imagined a scenario something like the one between Julianne Moore’s and Mark Ruffalo’s characters in “ The Kids Are Alright”. And bring back Heather (Vail Bloom) on the back of that, really make it a messy scenario between these characters. I would be interested in seeing the likes of Grimes, Graziadei and Bloom mix it up.

I will say that Cait Fairbanks’ acting has improved overall since I last saw her on this show but it still strikes me as fairly one-note. Maybe I haven’t seen enough of her in various situations.

• Members

The Teriah episode was unwatchable. This show has no clue what to do with Camryn Grimes or Sharon Case, two of the show’s most talented actresses. And didn’t we just do this sadsack mother thing recently for a holiday episode at Crimson Lights? Or it might have been a homeless woman that Nikki interacted with. I know Bill Bell wasn’t immune to pulling saccharine, condescending stunts like that, but at least his overall storytelling was good.

• Members

And centered an “out of the blue” character in the episode. Why would the writing imply that Mariah and Tessa were simultaneously dreaming the same dream?! 
Just bizarre and not in a good way.

I also remember that when Bell Sr. had the odd “stray” character in an episode, he/she would be plunged onto a canvas full of regular characters that we all know, not a near empty coffee house with a less than a handful of regular cast members.