Y&R December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

12-23

So basically Danny's return was the 'Friday' cliffhanger while the next day episode was nothing (outside of that brief scene with the whole Nick/Sharon family together), but filler. 

Well...counting the minutes to Danny and Cricket seeing each other should be worth the wait. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So Y&R have been listening to us!

When Christine was reminiscing, she actually got her own set. No idea where it was supposed to be, but assuming it was her own living room she's into snow cabin chic.

It was just a wall, a sofa, a table and some decor but showed it can be done. Cricket didn't move off the sofa so there was no need for much room, but this template could be used by putting in another wall and thereby having a cheap set that could be used for particular scenes.

What's puzzling though is that the Crimson Lights set was used that day and it would have been simple to pop Christine at a table on the 'terrace' to tape those scenes.

Maybe LLB's scenes were taped at a different time and just inserted.

Still puzzled about Glam Club and what it is exactly supposed to be - a nightclub that people visit during the day? OK

For reasons only known to Morina & Co Glam Club gets extras as patrons whereas Society and CL are only allowed silent staff.

One last set comment-where is the snowy park setting supposed to be?

At least it is something different.

• Members

I was SO happy when Lily said she needed a break from that loser. He wants Chelsea more than he wants Lily anyway. 

I was so shocked to see Grand Phoenix lobby was back and actually full of extras.

I will never get over how Society is supposedly just the place to be but there’s never more than two people eating in there at a time, and most are Abby’s own family.

I don’t understand Noah’s club. What exactly is the age range? Why do so many people go to a club in the middle of the afternoon? And why is it so brightly lit?

I thought the Cristina set was nice and as mentioned above shows they could do these kind of things more often for characters.

I guess Sharon’s house is totally gone now. She literally lives at empty Crimson Lights being the town grandmother now. Apparently Sharon is only viable if she’s with Adam or Nick at this point.

• Members

But the GC crowd can be very fickle. 

At one point the athletic Club was THE place to wine and dine and the suddenly it fell out of favor and everyone migrated to Society.

Similarly the Grotty Photobooth was a must there for a while but now is a no go zone.

Now patrons of all ages meet up at the Glum Club.

• Members

Can't remember the last time it was seen. Wasn't there some nonsense about Noah wanting to operate Glum from there?

Also forgot to mention Dive Bar which was another popular watering hole.

On the subject of flighty residents SOD year end summary provided this reminder of the transient nature of employment and business.

Victor sold Newman Media to Newman Enterprises.

Victoria folded the fashion platform so Chelsea was out of a job.

Adam filled in for Victoria as CEO of NE so Sally took over at NM.

Chloe became Sally's COO

Victoria returned as CEO so Adam became co CEO at Jabot

Victoria appointed Nick as her COO

Jack bought Marchetti

Kyle hired Diane for PR

Phyllis sold Grand Pheonix to work at Marchetti

Lily became CEO of Chancellor

Billy was COO

Lily and Devon merged their companies to form Chancellor Winters

Amandi and Imani joined the legal team

They both resigned.

Nate quite the hospital to join CW