Y&R December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know what you mean. It was fun to see Victor & Nikki’s ‘84 wedding a few years back but it’s been played a couple of times since then. It’d be nice to see something “new” that hasn’t been rerun before but alas.

At least it isn’t Michael & Lauren’s 2005 wedding, which got reran like 5 or 6 times lol.

• Members

Haha, I remember thinking they were gonna rerun that 2005 wedding during Covid but thank goodness they didn’t. Yet they showed the Sheila/Lauren yacht fight episode from a week later when they could have showed the lab fight instead. 

I wish they showed Rex’s funeral from December 1994, they made a montage of Danny’s “greatest hits” for his return tomorrow and they showed the scene where Phyllis crashes the funeral and Danny confronts her. 

• Members

Thanks for the tag. In fact I first joined SON that week in April 2020 to ask about that episode!

Thanks to @YRfan23 who had posted some hidden YT that existed back then (before there was a Vault), I watched all the 1991 Masquerade episodes and got really into them.  And I still have some notes and questions in a file on my computer somewhere, LOL.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I get why they're repeating it.  It's Danny/Cricket, Nina/David, Scott/Sheila, Traci/Brad, and Paul/Lauren.

It fits with Danny's return to present-day Genoa City (today in Canada and tomorrow in US).
And also the planned spoilers with Danny about to encounter some of these characters NYE and in January.

And also of course Sheila who is in a B&B story.

Here's SON promoting the episode in April 2020:
https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2020/04/yr-classic-episode-masquerade-ball

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Oh, I thought they were going to do it during the Pandemic too

Please register in order to view this content

They already had rerun Lauren and Michael's wedding so many times in the last fifteen years.

They should've re-aired a Christmas episode from at least 2004 or prior but at least it isn't an episode from 2020.