Y&R December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m assuming they wanted to address the elephant in the room with Billy and Chelsea, and Billy said that to appease a deeply damaged woman who just attempted suicide. But that dialogue is incredibly misguided.

I definitely want characters less sanitized and writers to be less concerned about sending “the wrong message” and more concerned about being truthful (people IRL say effed-up things and these shows should reflect that). But this is just clumsy and unnecessary.

• Members

12-9

So it's official. Imani is gone. Such a waste of a character with potential.

I have to say though this week had some great scenes for what felt so uneven to me. 

So are Adam/Sally truly over? Or was the one last time and her moving on with Nick just setting up for a WTD storyline. I hope not. What I do hope is for Summer to put her foot down on Nick/Sally because if looks could kill, the one the actress gave when she walked into Society and saw Nick and Sally at breakfast would have turned Sally to fire and ashes. Perhaps there is some of her mother in her after all.

And speaking of her mother, those scenes where it's Jack vs Phyllis also never disappoint. She definitely needs someone to wipe that smug look off her face. Is she going to be so smug if something happens to Harrison or Summer? But I like that Jack/Diane are going to try to turn the tables on the Coven. And I love, love, LOVED that scene where Diane heard something and that classic music cue played (thank you for the confirmation, @Dylan). It was so unexpected, but well done.

Per the discussion over in the November Counts threads, I'm now watching to see when Victor and Michael appear next.

Please register in order to view this content

I love that Devon vs Nate appear to be far from over. And it's just a matter of time before he finds out about Devon sleeping with Abby. And ooooooo I feel he is going to crow and call him out just as much as Amanda did. 

That Abby/Chance breakup/walkout scene was pretty good.

I keep going back and forth over Tucker/Ashley. There are times when I see a spark and feel they got it. And then there are times I feel like TSJ is off. So my verdict is still out. 

For the most part, no. I feel there are slight moments. But they pass by quick.