Y&R December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Phyllis giggling aside, whoever wrote this past week’s worth of episodes has pretty much been on point.

Daniel & Lily is pure nostalgia, Jack calling out Phyllis’s own history with Christine and Sharon and calling out her “smirk” was perfection, the Lauren/Sally scenes were surprisingly refreshing, and someone FINALLY remembered Allison Lanier has  has the talent to steamroll over Stafford while also still being able to play daddy’s little girl when needed after months of ignoring that talent. 

A victim of too much rewriting. The Rey/Chelsea plot was very obviously dropped in abrupt fashion when some executives ordered Rey’s death. The Shick reunion didn’t pan at all. Unfortunately Sharon has relegated to the role of Aunt Liz on AW or something akin to Lisa on ATWT or Holly on GL during their final decade. 

• Members

Or as I say on Twitter the show has made Sharon the new "Aunt Ruby" from GH dispensing advice to everyone over coffee. 

I could envision Sharon somehow getting a letter or a DM on her social media from her father stating he's dying and wants to see her one last time before he goes. Sharon can first consider whether she should go see the man who abandoned her and her mother for years. Noah may be more opposed to her leaving, whereas Mariah may be more in favor of her leaving. Ultimately, Sharon decides to go visit him in Arizona and finds out that she has a half-brother from her father's other marriage who is a bit of drifter. But Sharon offers a place to stay if he ever comes to Genoa City which he does.  Yet the half-brother's intentions might not be as sincere. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

After all they went through, especially the events of 2013 -18, For A Shick Reunion to Work Out, It would take A Long, Well Thought and Well Written Storyline, which means it probably won't happen

Sounds Good, Meeting Her Father Again would sure Be an interesting Place for Sharon to face her inner demons

• Members

This is the first scene in years on this show with any passion. Of course MS plays against the material because her ego is bigger than the show. Phyllis had no reaction to Jack's righteous anger? I remember when she used to be engaged.

• Members

I actually thought Jack’s “stupid smirk” line was the writers’ meta-commentary on MS’s typical performance. I’d love a character to say the same thing to Chandler Massey/Will on DAYS.

Agreed that this is the first scene with real fire in a while. Several actors, like PB and MCE, have Emmy-winning reels, which I couldn’t say a year ago.