Y&R December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Bell could definitely go off the deep end sometimes with saccharine.  Remember that terrible episode on the 4th of July when Victor had to "straighten out" that guy who didn't share Victor's belief that the USA is the "greatest country on earth"?  Awful.  

Friday's (horrible) episode was evidently designed to be a "stand alone episode" that could air Friday the 23rd, even if a preemption threw off the schedule.  There's one thing worse than being off a day, and Friday's show is the one thing worse!  

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha that’s the 4th of July 1991 episode!

Please register in order to view this content

yeah it’s a cringe moment for sure then to top it all off Brock starts singing his famous battle hymn. 

Didn’t Victor have a similar scene his very first 4th of July, 11 years earlier when he punched out someone for not sharing his beliefs on America as well. 

• Members

Well I'm a Teriah fan so I loved the Friday 23rd episode! 

The only thing I hated about it was ... Tessa bought Mariah a romantic night at the Grand Phoenix (which is in the same building as the Glam Club) ... 
but Tessa wore striped pajamas, and Mariah slept in sweats.
WTF?  They should either have been wearing lingerie or nothing.
The ladies were allowed to to dress up at the Glam club in the evening but then later that night it was ugly sleepwear.  I guess The Idiots In Charge didn't want to broadcast lesbian lovemaking on Christmas Eve.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

It's definitely a set that has elements of Brad's old house in it. And thank goodness for that - it was a beautiful set and consequently, Diane's hideout looks a helluva lot better than what we'd normally see in a new Y&R set. 

I tuned in as it's Christmas break and just like it is every time I dip into Y&R, the show feels like it's in a constant holding pattern. Aside from the Diane storyline, and the scenes between Tucker/Ashley and Ashley/Jack, the show feels incredibly stale. 

• Members

The cabin was also used during the JT "murder".  I believe Nikki, Phyliss, Sharon and Victoria were hiding there too from JT.

Please register in order to view this content

Diane, Ashley and Traci were the highlights of today's show. I've never really been a fan of PB Jack version. Tucker/TSJ was adorable today in the Santa hat and the bag of presents.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Ah, Danny & Cricket redux. The flashbacks were good, obviously the first one was from 1994 while I think the second one came from the 6/1/2012 episode. However sad to see Christine all alone moping around thinking about Danny…plus Christine follows Phyllis on Instagram…?

The Daniel, Danny, and Phyllis scenes were a highlight and poignant.

Meanwhile as @janea4oldmentioned in the spoiler forum, in case no one has watched today’s yet the Billy/Chelsea scenes are bizarre (unbreakable egg game?) and FF-worthy.

• Members

Tues. Dec. 27
The scene of Christine seeing on her phone on instagram that Danny is back in town, and then she has flashbacks.

Tues. Jan. 3
Danny and Christine Cricket finally connect in person.
There's a spoiler clip for that on the Mystery (Danny) Return spoiler thread
at this post:
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/61915-mystery-yr-return/?do=findComment&comment=1828079

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Hopefully Christine follows Danny and/or Daniel. I doubt she would ever follow Phyllis on social media.

I love all the glares Danny gave Phyllis every time she opened her mouth.

I wonder if they are going to say that Paul and Christine separated or divorced off-screen.

We didn't need those Billy and Chelsea scenes, as once again he tries to do his best Deepak Chopra on her.

• Members

Ok, I was totally drawn in by this. Loving that Danny is back, and already interacting with so many other vets on the canvas.

Ages ago, I came up with an alternative Danny return story, involving him coming back to Genoa City, and shocking everyone by telling them that he had married Patty offscreen (and she would come back on later). The amount of shockwaves it would cause right across the canvas would be insane…