B&B April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If you don't know the history of Sheila Carter, you would think that Finn is Sheila's only child. They haven't even mentioned Mary or Diana by name. I don't count those twins she had on Why and Are with Tom Fisher. I wished they would've casted Mary Warwick by now. And I'm sure Ian Buchanan could've appeared as James for a stint. 

BTW: Has anyone called Jack and Li? Fin's actual parents to tell them about their son's demise yet. You bring on Ted King and Naomi Matsuda and do absolutely nothing with them. Brad Bell collects stars like Ash Ketchum catches Pokémon. 

I said the same thing on Twitter yesterday. I was like let's put on our thinking caps and think whose been after your family since Bush Sr. was in the White House. 

• Members

I almost wanted to tune in to see if I was right.  But I posted this yesterday or the day before.  When it comes to anything Sheila everything and everyone is dumbed down.  I said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if no one suspected Sheila.  You know, because there's no reason to, what's she ever done to anyone right?  LOLLL.  So dumb.  If it happened it's totally par for the course.  And toss in some cringeworthy disbelief and tears of how Sheila could do such a thing.  Someone posted about introducing her other children - I couldn't care less about B&B at this point, and only tuned in to Y&R recently to see Robert Newman.  But more characters related to Sheila is the very LAST thing B&B should be doing.  The character needs to be put out to pasture for good.  There were other families, other villains that you could have introduced by now, and the Stefano Dimiera/James Stenbecking of Sheila is the last thing any show needs.  They had a huge opportunity with the Avants - Sascha being a spoiler, a triangle between Caroline/Maya/Rick...all kinds of directions they squandered.  Worst being just a little misunderstanding of Maya

• Members

I will be curious to see if Finn’s demise spells the end of Sheila (for now) or sets up what could be a years-long conflict with Steffy. Contrary to some opinions, I think this week has been great—my only issue was the poor buildup to it, which is par for the course for this show.

Also, if Sheila does try to pin the murder on Deacon she will lose her only lifeline on the show. Does she still have Mike Guthrie’s number?

Edited by MinnaH

• Members

For a major character to be near death, the drama seems awfully mellow so far. I compare it to Storm’s death (which I consider some of the greatest soap episodes of all time) and this feels different. The acting for one is largely terrible. I believed they thought Katie was gonna die. Now I just see standard soap tears from Taylor and the typical shrug from Ridge. 

• Members

The drama's mellow to me, too. I think the standard soap tears from Taylor are fine, but Ridge's stoic attitude doesn't work for me. Of course, I also dislike ALL this attention going to Steffy -- who we KNOW won't die -- instead of Finn. Yes, I realize Steffy is the STAR of the show, but still. It's typical soap stuff when writing off a character -- mention that character as little as possible and maybe your audience won't give a fcuk.

And I still say the worst acting in these scenes is from Kimberlin Brown, who can't seem to being up the tears or any real emotion.

• Members

They dumped Finn like he was a recurring day player, which is odd when you consider he’s dead and everybody is doing the bare minimum over Steffy because they know she’s gonna live. There are absolutely no stakes to this story. Even the Sheila element can only last so long because it should quickly become obvious she shot them. 

• Members

So did I skip over some key dialogue in recent weeks or has everyone in the family (Ridge, Taylor, Thomas, Steffy) totally forgotten that Phoebe ever existed? 

EDIT: and I oop—- Taylor inferred to her today. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I never found Sheila to be sympathetic, more so a pot stirrer. The hype around Sheila IMO is warrented. The baby switch was one of Y&R's greatest structured plots ever with one of the best payoffs: 5 days of the firehouse, plus 6 more years of drama on another soap. Moreover, Sheila was the only charachter that really intimidated Stephanie Forrester! Lauren did not deserve the baby switch. It was however was karma for how she treated people like Tracy in the 80s. Not to mention that she cheated on Scott afterwards. 

The problem is everything after 2002 has has been cartonish, and the litany of random children was ridiculous. They could have brought Diana back at had her get attached to one of the Forrester men.

Yes! The Marones and Soectras were more entertaining than the Spencers (and Logans after about 2012).

• Members

Sigh. Back during the fall 2014-early 2018 at least Thudley had mixed it up a lot. Even if characters like Ally, Sasha, Sally, Caroline and Oliver were eventually improperly used/discarded or the case of Ivy, dull as dish water at least it was something different. Now we’re back to the endless quad that’s been going for the last three years.

Thudley’s next big twist is probably going to involve Hope getting demonically possessed so she can sleep with Thomas.

Please register in order to view this content