B&B April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have loathed the character Sheila ever since she stole baby Scotty from Lauren on Y&R and all the evil things she did to cover it up.    And all the crap she's done to Lauren through the years.

t boggles my mind that anyone would find Sheila sympathetic in any way.  I know it's not logical for me to feel that way, because these are fictional characters and it's completely normal for everyone to have a wide variety of tastes, and the right to express their preferences, and this is a discussion board for discussing all those tastes/opinions.  So yeah I understand rationally that everyone would have differing opinions about Sheila, of course. 

But my loathing for Sheila is so strong that it's hard for me to feel detached from the situation.  She has done too much evil on both soaps for so long, and I feel there is absolutely nothing good about her, not even the tiniest good thing.

I pretty much tuned out of all of B&B when Sheila returned.  I became interested only recently because I hoped that "the big twist" would include Sheila getting caught and banished to prison - or preferably dying.  I wanted this evil villain to pay.  I still can't bear to watch her scenes.  She's just gross to me.  I keep hoping to read a recap where the villain gets her due, so I can watch *those* scenes.  I did watch the shooting scene because it was supposed to be the big twist.  I swear if she gets away with any of this, well then bye again to B&B.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lauren doesnt have much to do on Y&R so I wish they'd bring her to B&B or send Sheila to Y&R for some material. I dont see how Sheila can continue roaming free in LA after this. (But the writers will find a far fetched way).

Edited by ironlion

• Members

So true! That is one death I am still having trouble accepting.

Aly had so much potential and was more complex than any other young female on the show at the time. She was an intriguing mix of innocence and darkness, with a quirkiness that set her apart. And the actress didn't really get to show her true range until Aly's exit storyline in which she was absolutely brilliant. She could have become a force to be reckoned with on the show, driving storyline for years to come.

And all they had to do was send her away to a mental hospital to recover (or better yet, show us her learning to cope with her illness on screen, as a real storyline for Thorne and Aly). That's all. There was no need to kill her off since she was still viable.

I was also waiting for someone, somewhere, to tell her the truth about Darla, and for that to be the wake-up call that made her realize that the "moral avenger" Darla she hallucinated was not real, and that the real Darla was human, not a saint, but a good and fun-loving person who would have wanted Aly to enjoy life to the fullest.

• Members

Everything you said.  I only saw the shooting scene (well part of it), and I don't get the magic of Sheila.  Pretty much never have.  There's always an element to her that dumbs all other characters down.  It would be par for the course that no one even suspects her.  Characters continue to interact with her no matter what she's done.  

But, my measure of a good villain is Roger Thorpe/Guiding Light.  That says it all.  He pulled awful stuff, but no matter what, there was something that made a lot of people root for him in some way.  At the heart he was likeable for some reason, no matter who the writer.  With Sheila, it's a cartoon for me.  And I just don't care.  I didn't watch yesterday, the shooting thing was enough for me to see it's yet another in a long line of dumbing everyone down, plot holes, etc.  This has really been my problem with B&B for years and years, not just Sheila.  She just makes it worse.  I've said before - it's like no one lives in Los Angeles.  All of this took place and no one else happened to hear it or see it - except for Deacon stumbling upon the shooting.  What?  Just like no one drives on the roads of LA.  Car accidents happen and there's no one around, and it's right in the middle of the city.  Because LA has no traffic, you know?  Things like that.  

I don't know what happened with the booze and the switching of labels, etc.  But for the people commenting on what it's like to be an alcoholic, and 'they' just know, etc.  Well, I'm a recovering alcoholic, and you're always recovering when you're an alcoholic.  I'm right at my 1 year anniversary of rehab.  Last fall I was baking, and just not even thinking, and put some vanilla extract into the batter bowl, dripped some, and LICK off my fingers without thinking.  BAM.  It really is true.  All of the stuff I've seen and thought was ridiculous, that what difference would a taste of booze make?  It's true, I can assure you all.  It was like a vampire and blood if you know what I mean.  I quickly drank a ton of water and went for a walk.  I do have cooking wine and of course extracts in the house, but I will never forget that mistake.  It's real.  What someone else said above - about your brain says "hello again friend".  100% accurate.  So I guess in general I'm glad I didn't see the bottle or label switching or whatever - I don't think anyone would get it right.  Anyway, Sheila at this point is a hard stop for me.  

If this was the shocking twist I don't get it.  When they introduced Finn (I'd seen him maybe 5 times total because I don't watch regularly - maybe 10 minutes once a month by accident) - but it was clear to me he would be a throw-away character.

• Members

I don't get the hoopla about killing off Finn.  He was a weak character that never had more than an inch of depth to his characterization.  For a doctor he was extremely gullible and stupid.  Right off the bat he let Steffy off the hook for cheating on him for no reason whatsoever except for her perennial itch for Liam(or any man Hope has).  Then his interactions with Sheila, given all the history one has to assume Steffy spelled out for him in detail, were too naive for words. He had a good mother.  Beyond curiosity, what was the appeal of a criminal for a Mommy?

TN is good looking but his acting needs some work.  He is more compelling in Liberty Bibberty commercials than in B&B.

IMO, the loss of Aly Forrester was huge compared to Finn.  She was a legacy and poor Thorne's only family.  Steffy and Taylor killed his whole family.  Aly could have been a rival and truth teller for the bully Steffy, who never has to pay for any of her sins.  Guess that's why Aly had to go.  Loved the actress too.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The irony, of course, is that Sheila does generate a lot of interest in the show both from fans/haters. And, that's exactly the reason why she needs to be around, except not in a murderous role. Sheila isn't some rich character - ala Kristen (DAYS) that has unlimited resources to get out of every criminal act.

I've said it dozens of times, but with solid writing, the show really needs characters who aren't Forrester/Spencer to stir stuff up. Shelia/Deacon are perfect to fill that need.

Steffy's injury didn't need to be a gunshot - it could've been an accident like slipping and hitting her head on a dumpster. Whatever. It's done. Let's see how B&B plays it out.

The Brooke out-of-nowhere alcoholism story was really hyped - basically Brad saying it was Emmy material for her. It was a huge flop that was abruptly terminated, but in the wrong way. Many people go through brief periods where they have an issue with alcohol - it's doesn't make them an alcoholic.

Instead, Brooke should've had a moment of clarity: 'Why am I doing this? All because I don't have a man? Please. I'm Brooke F-ing Logan - it won't be long before I open my 'heart' to someone. Right, Stephanie?!'

• Members

Thank you. 

Love her or hate her, Sheila will always have people talking. Just look at this thread and last month's and I would like to say it was the same when she returned in 2017 as well. Her reputation DEFINITELY precedes her.

Please register in order to view this content

And didn't they use to weave her in and out of story after her original arc on this show? 

I agree. There also need to be non-Forrester/Spencers on the canvas. It allows for fresh blood, conflict, and romances...like Finn/Steffy. 

• Members

Some randon thoughts:

* I had no idea Finn is a doctor. I would have never guessed.

* Sheila has been way too violent for no real reason over the years. She has no real ties to these people. Why is she coming back all the time? I guessed she was supposed to be the Vanessa Prentiss to Steffy's Lorie, too many things happen way too soon. I'd rather watch Diana Marrone fight Steffy for a man with her mother's help. 

* Poor Ally Forrester. Nobody remembers her on the show. Remember a crazy time when the show would kill Logans and Forresters left and right? Beth, Storm, Ally, Phoebe...

* Are Wyatt, Shauna, Flo still around? The show could use a cast shakeup  at this point.

• Members

I think killing off Finn is a grave mistake. A character not related to a core family is what B&B needs more of.

However, I think Kimberlin’s performance was excellent and that scene with Sheila brushing her hair like a maniac was original and smart and creepy.