B&B April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

YouTube is certainly NOT my friend today and I had no idea what the hell they were thinking, lol! Bastards. You know what? YouTube did the same thing to me when I wanted to watch some Queen Kristen videos. All of a sudden, I'm getting warped into all these weird spoiler feed channels from people who have zero personality and the the audio was dreadful. Probably still is terrible. Now I see why they include subtitles.

Edited by Noel

• Members

I believe. I know there are times I want to rewatch or watch scenes or a promo on YT on a show, but I get scared that I will get a spoiler thrown at me. That was how I found out a character I liked on my avatar's show died and Lord...did not take that well at all. lol. 

• Members

What's interesting is that Friday's episode was scheduled to air on Wednesday, which means if this IS part of the 'shocking twist that will rock daytime television' that reveal should air on Tuesday (org. Fri.) or Wed (or Mon).

So far B&B is really missing the mark - if they'd asked any loyal fan they'd 'shoot' this story down in a second. JMW's leave? Send her to Paris and suddenly Sheila and Taylor/Ridge help Finn raise Hayes. Sheila/Deacon/Brooke/Ridge/Taylor merry-go-round, of course.

I do get the sense that KB while accurate in her answer did not indicate 'when.'

• Members

update:

Well it seems that what we've seen so far is the beginning of the twist but not the whole thing?

just found this tweet from Supervising producer Casey Kasprzyck 

Yeah based on Casey's comment, it would seem that Monday is the cliffhanger and Tuesday is where some stuff happens?  Well that's what I'm reading into it, LOL.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The Sheila of the 1990s DID wriggle out of that quite effortlessly. 

She spiked Macy's drink, and then quietly went about her business. Nobody suspected a thing and Sheila didn't give it a second thought. Sheila didn't even care enough about the event to actively keep it a secret.

And Quinn spiked Brooke's drink fairly recently without it even registering as a plot point. 

This just isn't the type of secret you pull out a gun to protect.

Edited by Videnbas

• Members

I will play Devil's Advocate slightly in that this is the kind of secret Sheila could obsess about protecting if she deludes herself into thinking there is a stake.
It didn't matter the previous two times she did because she was being vindictive but there was no concurrent goal.
Here she is trying to prove to her son that she has changed, that she can be in his life and she is not a threat. Proving the illusion that she is IS a secret and Steffy telling her that she has ammo to ban them from their lives is a threat.

NOW I 100% agree that if this is all there is to Sheila's stint, it will have been lamer than I would have wanted for her.
And the stakes for her are kinda neutered since Steffy told Finn first. If she was trying to prevent Steffy from telling *Finn* - in her desperation that he sees her as a mother figure he can trust and who has changed - it would have made sense to me somewhat that someone obsessive like Sheila could have worked herself up to become dangerous in service of preventing Finn from learning who she really is.

• Members

I don't get why Sheila felt the need to switch those labels in the first place. She held all the trump cards at that point. She had just scored a huge win - being invited for Christmas BY TAYLOR. Brooke had provoked her but there was no power behind the words. All Sheila needed to do was stay on her best behavior. Sheila had nothing to gain by switching the labels and everything to lose.

And, well, if the secret is out already, what are the stakes?

• Members

Steffy behaved like an idiot that whole scene. I get they want to portray her as this fearless spitfire but a self-preservation instinct would have kicked in for most people. She knows what Sheila is capable of, but she just had to “speak her piece” one last time instead of hightailing it out of there, then spilling the beans once she was safe. People acting dumb isn’t entertaining.

• Members

A better twist: Steffy deciding to team up with Sheila to get Brooke out of Ridge's life forever instead of sounding like a hypocrite. That alliance would've had some real impact when revealed - Taylor, Ridge, Eric, Hope, Liam, Finn, etc. That would also align with Steffy's real feelings about Brooke + Taylor/Ridge.

Give us a full-out Steffy v Brooke. It worked a generation ago - and Brooke certainly isn't the same Beta to Stephanie's Alpha now so that could add some real depths and twists to the rivalry.

• Members

Normally, nobody is a day ahead for B&B.
However, a few countries got B&B a day ahead for a couple of days during the previous week, due to a USA news preemption (Canada, Australia, and I don't know who else.)

But that has since evened out - they aired the same episode again or a rerun or whatever to fix it; so I don't think anyone is a day ahead anymore.  (but of course I could be missing something).

I think what you read is only speculations/theories at this point. They make sense, though, so maybe it's real? Well, we'll find out soon.