Y&R March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL. If Ron was writing we would have Nate working on a secret medical project for Ashland, next thing you know Nate becomes Genoa City’s answer to Dr. Rolf as Diane, Brad, Colleen, and Jessica Blair all get revived

Please register in order to view this content

There is a cattiness I do enjoy between the two but it’s definitely been wasted on Cane and Billy over the years, neither which brought out the best in the them.

• Members

I forgot Murphy found Diane's extremely dead body and it washed up on the bank! LOL.

Please register in order to view this content

Could Diane have mocked up a corpse and paid off the coroner, etc? I know she was autopsied, but so were so many people on soaps. (The Jack Deveraux organ donation on DAYS is still the apex for me)

I should add the big reveal that Nikki did it - on a Super 8 film reel - is straight out of stuff like Brian De Palma and "Blow Out" IMO, and while very stylish is another great example of MAB lifting film stuff while telling bad stories. If you're gonna lift from the best, which soaps do all the time, do good work!

Edited by Vee

• Members

If they pretended that this never happened. And I mean fully ignored it. As in Diane has been living in Madgascar all this time. She and Kyle have a mother/son trip every 6 months. She thinks Summer is a turd. I don't think anyone (anyone) would care.

• Members

The Diane plot is definitely the first time in a while Y&R feels like a soap. There’s no excuse for a boring show, but I wonder if at least *some* of the most recent listless wheel-spinning of the show was them biding their time to put this story in motion (actor availability, etc.). 

• Webmaster

Seeing as he's a doctor, I'd at least expect him to investigate how a dead corpse is suddenly alive. If THAT's not job worthy I don't know what is. Besides, other than operating skills, what business skills does he have?