Y&R March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

As much as they were (are) ridiculous Leanna could have fitted into Restless Style, GC Buzz/Hilary Hour and now Newman Media.

She would bring out Jack's playful side and cause all kinds of mischief.

Trouble is Josh would probably use her for sledgehammer comedy relief.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm probably in the minority, but there was a brief period of Mal Young's tenure I rather enjoyed - shortly after SSM and KA's departure up until Hilary's death and the introduction of the Rosales clan. There were very solid moments like Nick finding out Christian's paternity/Chelsea leaving GC, the fallout from Sharon finding out about Abby and Scott's affair, Teriah angst, and probably the first few moments of the domestic abuse storyline. I think where it fell off was how JT's supposed murder dragged on, the Blood Abbott clause and Ashley messing up Jack's paternity, and how the Rosales clan ate up the show so quickly, though I did enjoy Mia. I cannot think of a storyline under JG's pen where I can share the same degree of warm sentiments.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

Is she back doing horror movies again? I haven’t followed her career but I do remember her being in the super campy Chopping Mall with Kelli Maroney from Night of the Comet. Lord what movies use to come on Saturday nights on third-tier TV OTA stations…

I recall Crampton was last on Y&R in early 2007 when Leanna Love popped up to interview David Chow. Super random but it was a neat little reunion I suppose of Nick & Mindy from GL

• Members

She never really stopped; she is really adored in those circles so she gets work all the time if only because having "Barbara Crampton" on the DVD box of a low-budget horror movie means a producer has almost a guaranteed floor of sales.
Down to her being front-and-center in small movie posters despite having a two-minute cameo.