All: character may be killed off

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMG. If that is truly what they're going to do, he*l, have done since it's bound to be in the can already, then they should be ashamed of themselves. Next thing you know they'll write Mariska Hargitay into the scene, get just as much poor taste as you can cram into this stunt, this event, this nightmare. Next thing you know, they'll be minting a Memorial coin & hawking it to the fans. NBC can stand for Nice But Crass.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

They could easily find a new Abigail who is not Marci Miller or Kate Mansi, who would be willing to stick around longer.  I love both Kate Mansi and Marci Miller, after the writers started writing each of their Abbys as the same character, which they should've always done.  Marci as Abigail with a backbone has shown what a great actress she is.

• Members

To quote @KLN Kenny's post on this thread from January 29, about the show's decision to kill off Abigail:
"It's a casting and creative decision both, I hear."

Maybe DAYS was trying to figure out what to do about the revolving Abigails problem.  And meanwhile they found someone who they think will work out for the show as Stephanie. 

Just speculating here, as others have speculated here and elsewhere.

Maybe someone thought well, we've got another heroine (Stephanie) cast, let's just emphasize her for a while, and kill Abigail off for the time being.  Not a "replacement" character.  Just a redirection of focus for the time being.   I think there's room on the canvas for both characters.  But just a redirect from Jack's daughter to Steve's daughter for a while.

I'd like all the Johnsons on canvas of course.  I'd like Adrienne to be discovered to alive.  I'd like all the Johnson cousins (JJ, Abigail, Joey, Stephanie, Sonny, and Sonny's brothers) to all be on canvas.  But at least we'll have Sonny and Stephanie for now.