All: character may be killed off

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So they are killing off Abby because they don't want to deal with part time actors, yet they are doing this exact same thing with Sonny and Will. If it's not fair for Chad, should it be not fair for Sonny? 

EJ too, one of his main love interests is Sami who is part time. 

• Members

I was going to mention Will and Sonny besides Ciara. Will would've been killed off had it not been done already. 

There is no excuse for this. You know Ron can't write anything worth of value. You know this murder mystery will be terribly done just like everything he's written before.

Abigail will quickly be forgotten as well.

• Members

Stupid and lame. He literally talks in the article about how death on a soap opera, especially Days, is not permanent.

I'm sure in 6 months to a year Marci Miller will want to, I don't know, build an in-ground pool and suddenly Abby will be back in Salem. This show is a literal joke.

• Members

Which is why I don't take these contract/non-contract things on soaps so seriously anymore. I mean, sometimes it feels like a supervisor at a tire shop (who is short-staffed) go: 

Supervisor: "Hey, Johnny! Can you come into work dis Tuesday?"

Johnny (spits a loogie on the pavement): "Can't boss. I got prior commitments."

• Members

What Kenny ( @KLN ) said on this thread back in January about Abby is coming true.  Something savage (or bloody) happens so you believe she's dead and not missing.  That's what Kenny said but he didn't mention the specific method of death.  He said that due to the inability to work things out with Mansi and Miller, they made a casting and story decision.

The only details in the new SOD that were not in Kenny's intel were the list of suspects and that the "story" part of the decision was the need to free Chad.

Abby is NOT decapitated.  That was a fake rumor that was circulating.  

The photo in the new SOD clearly show that she has blood on her torso which indicates that something horrible has happened, but her head is very much attached.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Not even Not even Stephanie Sloane can make this story be NOT a stinker! Abby's not going to lose her head. That was a fake rumor that was circulated intentionally. I guess so we will be grateful that they did not do that. The one thing that the story lacks is a rationale not to just recast! There's no reason not to recast. Big Whoop. Death is not permanent & we can't get by without the occasional death. I for one am so glad we have Ron Carlivati to instruct us how to be fans. Good Grief Charlie Brown!

• Members

Yeah and to be fair - what is he going to say, "yep it's 100% permanent, no take-backsies"? Bo, who by all accounts seemed dead-dead, is now appearing on Beyond Salem. If he's alive or not we'll see, but we all know that Corday has looked like an idiot before when he's claimed that death would stick this time around. He can really only say their intent when they wrote it was for it to be permanent, but obviously he can be overruled or fired and Miller/Mansi comes back.