All: character may be killed off

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Missy Reeves confirmed at a fan event Feb 19-20, 2022 that Abigail dies.  Didn't say the manner of death.  Missy said she wasn't available for taping those scenes, so Cady McClain would be airing for that.

The date of Abigail's death was not revealed.  However Cady posted (and then deleted) a picture of herself in a Days dressing room on January 6, 2022.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

^ quoting Kenny's posts from January 29. 
All I've heard is what Kenny said there.

The point is that she dies and something graphic is shown onscreen - that makes it obvious that she's really most sincerely dead.  (Not missing and presumed dead).

And (for whatever reasons) the show was not able to work out a longterm fulltime thing with either Miller or Mansi.

We know that he death could be undone at any time, of course, because this is DAYS.  But I think it is being done this way so as to give the character a long rest.  Then maybe someday in the future they will be able to find a recast that fits and wants to commit.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Well, why not do that NOW then? I mean, there must be tons of aspiring actresses in California looking for their big break. This random killing of "big" characters is NEVER thought out. See the return of Bo as further proof.

There is no reason to do this except Ron wants to use shock and awe. And NBC should also know better by now. The last graphic death with Frankie Frame on AW helped to put another nail in the coffin of that soap.

Or maybe that's the whole point...

• Members

Agree.

I'm with @Wendy.  If they can't find an actor who will commit long-term to playing Abigail, then just rest the character for the time being.  This isn't an Abby (Y&R) situation, where I don't think any amount of recasts or changes in purpose will help what I believe to be a dead-end character.  I think there's still life in Abigail Deveraux; they just need to wait until they find the right girl.

We can only hope.

Edited by Khan

• Members

So sending Abigail to Boston for a few months wasn't an option? Or someone spiking Abigail's tea and having her lose her mind (again)?  I guarantee this story will not play well at all.

@Wendy when I read the spoiler, I immediately thought of Frankie (AW).

Is this Possession-related or is it part of a completely new storyline?