All: character may be killed off

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sure. But I often feel for actors who get screwed over because they are in a supercouple and the other half wants to leave and writers decide to write them both out, even if that actor would have wanted to stay

Granted, here it is more than time to write them out regardless of what either actor wants but...

As for the blind item, repeat after me: stop. killing. young legacy characters. Period. I don't care who. I don't care what show. I don't care how great the short-term story is or how awful the character is.

That sense of time and legacy and family ties is one of the few remaining things that keep us loyal to these shows.
Write them out into the sunset and stop killing characters just because whatever latest actor playing them is bored

• Members

I mean calling Cin a supercouple is a stretch but I get your point.  But think of the characters on Days specifically that just flounder when their other half is gone (Hope, 90's Kayla come to mind) because the audience doesn't really want them to move on but they have to so they just become stuck as well.  And Ben has like no point without Ciara and i can't feel bad for RSW because he got a second life on Days after being an actual SERIAL KILLER.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

They wrote years and years of story for Ben and Ciara in like, 2 years. Now they're already married and settled down and having a baby. The writers obviously are not going to have them cheat or break up and get with other people. There is absolutely no story left to tell with them, unless we're going to see Ben save Ciara from kidnappers every other month. I hate them but I'm totally fine with them riding off into the sunset together. They can pop in for Christmas or something if the actors are available. 

Maybe Rob can go back to The Price is Right. I liked him there.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I see what you mean, but Corday was swearing in 2015 that everyone that Ben killed were all dead for good. And that didn't stick. So Ron might be as serious as a heart attack, but if Corday and Sony change their mind in two years and Ron is still there, he will have to change it. So in comes Rolf with her serum or MM's Abby is found to be an imposter and in comes KM as a the real Abby held captive on Melaswen in a DiMera dungeon. 

And it was even Ron who wrote the story, undoing the last "seriously, they are all dead" story. 

I mean, many soaps have done it, which is why soaps became a joke at one point to many people. But DAYS is the worst offender in this area. It is absolutely ridiculous what DAYS did for shockvalue only to regret it all and reverse it, making even more damage to it's credibility as well as emotional value of the stories, since people became incentivized to death on DAYS, lowering the impact such stories should have. 

The only way I see Abby not returning at some point is if DAYS is cancelled in two years and they don't have time to bring her back by then. 

• Members

The other thing that bothers me is what if any long term storyline effects we will see on the show because Abby dies. 

Jack and Jennifer mourn for a week and then just simply move on? Gwen becomes even more haunted? Gabi develops a split personality named Abby? Chad and Will finally hit the sheets in the moment of their deepest despair? 

• Members

Picture it.

AUGUST in SALEM: A moment of despair leads to spied passion for Chad and Will. The killer stalks his next victim. Jack and Jennifer have it out. A vengeful Arianna tells Charlotte her dad killed her mom. Phoenix Bentley reveals his true identity to Gwen. Kristen uncovers the truth. 

Chilly summer if I was writing.

Edited by KLN